Re: Nightmare trade in and order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kirtonart,

Help is here. We want to make sure all your issues are resolved.  What happened? How can we help? Did you have a problem with your trade in?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
americanius
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to the club of deceitful business practices.

I submitted request for another return package after the first never arrived.  Been over 30 days now and I'm outside Verizon's window to get the phone sent.  I'm sending my complaint the the FTC.  Verizon knows they are practicing deceitful business practices. Verizon needs to be held accountable and a hefty fine leveled against them for the estimated amount they have scammed out of customers.

The Verizon officers and BoD know this is happening and are doing nothing to fix it.  To me that's criminal so the DOJ is getting a complaint letter along with the SEC.

Oh, and I'll be filing a complaint with other federal agencies for deceptive business practices as well as fraud like to the CFPB, my state public service commission etc.

If everyone on this forum that's been screwed over by Verizon will do the same there may be some movement.

Plus I'm already looking for another service provider even if I have to buy my current plans out.  Why would I continue to do business with a disreputable company after being with them for over 20 years and they crap on me like this.  I may even discontinue paying my bill to get to arbitration so I can at least come in face to face contact with someone at Verizon being that their trade-in site is always conveniently down and the chat never comes up.

Lastly, my next door neighbor is a lawyer and he's very interested in bringing a class action against Verizon on contingency cause he sees $$$ in this scam.

xalaga
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently, the "Please try again later." message really means the order is cancelled. Since the order is gone, my trade-in for that order went nowhere. There is no email or account to correspond to or attach the trade-in to. This is for an iPhone 6S pre-order in September. It appears any order of back-ordered phone causes the trade-in order to get cancelled.

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
aikane78759
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same situation!  Pre-ordered my phone October 2 and told by the store that I would get $200 credit.  It is 11/23.  I have made multiple calls to Verizon and trips to the store.  Today they are telling me (after 30 minutes of holding) that they are finally going to credit my account.  I have been with Verizon a very long time, but not after this.  I will be looking elsewhere next time.  I also started looking at class action lawsuits, but it appears there may be some trouble with that.  Maybe the Federal Trade Commission can help.  Good luck to everyone out there trying to get your credits!  No one should have to go through all this from a reputable carrier. 

Dluva99

This is an issue concerning my device trade-in; I have called into Verizon Wireless 3 times about this issue and customer service and the Device Recycling Department cannot find this Submission ID. I have wasted at least 5 hours on the phone with Verizon. I have not received the postage-paid recycling box which should arrive within 5 business days of 11/13/2015. It appears VERIZON has NO RECORD of this DEVICE TRADE-IN that was confirmed and requested on 11/13/2015.  PLEASE ESCALATE THIS TO A SUPERVISOR or MANAGER and RESOLVE THIS ISSUE IMMEDIATELY! I have already requested another box to be sent to me multiple times at http://www.verizonwireless.com/device-recycling-contact-us/  The issue is VERIZON HAS NO RECORD and is NOT DOING ANYTHING regarding a CONFIRMED DEVICE TRADE-IN REQUEST with a confirmation email and Submission ID emailed out to me on 11/13/15:

Device Recycling Information

Submission Date:

11/13/2015

Submission ID:

2131xxxxxx

Device:

OneTouch Pixi Glitz Prepaid (A463BG)

Appraised Value:

$300.00                                                                                                     Device Trade-in Instructions

Hi DAVID,

Thanks for recycling with us. This message confirms

your submission and should be kept for future reference.

RETURN:

Your postage-paid recycling box will

arrive within 5 business days

Use the recycling box to return your

device within 30 days                                                                               

ID: 209952.9.0-B3B96E7D-B505-E921-D61F-65881D494A44

0 Likes
tinaann1
Enthusiast - Level 1

At least you got something back.  Verizon states that they received my trade in...it was a Galaxy5s

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tinaann1, I have traded in numerous phones and want to make sure yours goes through nice and easy. I do want to clarify though, are you saying we did not receive your trade in? How did you submit your trade in and when?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Have you received any communications or rebate yet?

0 Likes
lwang9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'v got the $300 account credit already by the promo code sent to my phone, however my original trade-in when I added a new line was not traceable now. I am not sure if you could contact VZW.

tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

You've got what you wanted, what are you asking for?

0 Likes