No Service - International Travel
mlpanzano

Upgraded my plan to global services for data and international voice on Friday, 9/19. It's 9/21, still NO SERVICE. We have wifi, but no mobile phone voice, text or data. Live chat option not available. can't call customer service, as no phone service. suggestions?  thanks - ML

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Service - International Travel
creekin
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happened to me last year in Munich. Set up everything beforehand, got to Germany and nothing. Was going to get another SIM card to use at Vodaphone T-Mobile, etc. Then went to Apple store where they said that wouldn't work because it's a Verizon locked phone. Two days of no phone before I emailed Verizon customer service and either through email or toll free number (I can't remember) they set it up. Saving grace was updating roaming service (option2?) before leaving the US.

Global Support:

While on a GSM Network

• Dial +1-908-559-4899.

While on a CDMA Network

• Dial the exit code for the country from which you are calling.

• Dial 1-908-559-4899

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
creekin
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happened to me last year in Munich. Set up everything beforehand, got to Germany and nothing. Was going to get another SIM card to use at Vodaphone T-Mobile, etc. Then went to Apple store where they said that wouldn't work because it's a Verizon locked phone. Two days of no phone before I emailed Verizon customer service and either through email or toll free number (I can't remember) they set it up. Saving grace was updating roaming service (option2?) before leaving the US.

Global Support:

While on a GSM Network

• Dial +1-908-559-4899.

While on a CDMA Network

• Dial the exit code for the country from which you are calling.

• Dial 1-908-559-4899

Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mlpanzano, almost two days with no service is too long! Which make/model phone do you have? Did you enable Global roaming on in the settings?

Which country are you currently in at this time. Click http://vz.to/1rt7Fn9 to make sure that you're subscribing to the optional $25.00 100 MB Global data plan and free International Dialing plan.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mlpanzano

Thanks for your help. I did not change my settings before I left the US, as I didn't know i needed to. Anyway, we continue to try to work this out. Frustrating as all heck. I'm in a Villa that does not have land line phones that you can use to dial outside, so we can't even call at least not from here. thanks again. Mary Lou

0 Likes
mlpanzano

we have iphone 4s...a little dated, but they worked in Mexico last year and I did the same exact thing this time. We subscribed to the plan you mentioned in your post and to international dialing. We can't call from a land line from our Villa because there is no outside dialing. Thanks for trying. We'll figure it out.

0 Likes