Not receiving SOME texts
karenrr110

In text conversation with an Android phone user who also has Verizon, we’re both missing a few texts here and there.  Most of our messages are going through fine, but sometimes one message will not go through, and not give any indication that it wasn’t sent.

because it’s so sporadic, it seems maybe a carrier issue rather than our phones, and seems to happen in the morning.

we would like to avoid having to delete the whole text conversation if possible. Could this be a problem on our end or does it sound like a carrier issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving SOME texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!  Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with missing texts.  This is definitely not the experience we want you to have.  We thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and we'll be happy to look into this and help.  We are sending you a private message, please reply to us when you receive it, to continue.  Thank you. ~Louis

0 Likes
karenrr110

Hi again, I’d like to pick up where we left off yesterday. Jenelle asked me what app my friend is using for texting. It’s a Google Pixel phone, Android, and she’s using the built in chat app. She doesn’t know the exact name of it, but the icon is a blue talk bubble on a white background. I’m using Messages app on iPhone XS. 

As you can see from the previous conversation, it’s an unusual situation. Please let me know where to go from here. Thanks, Karen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the clarification Karen. it could be the Message changing to MMS or pictures that causes them to fail. Do you see an exclamation in the conversation or do they just not show up? Are you able and have time to get into account now?  We like to try a full sync-up of features, but on the iPhone please verify the software is 16.2 updated.  https://www.verizon.com/support/apple-iphone-13-update/

- Jose

0 Likes
karenrr110

Yea, I’m on iOS 16.2. I also use an iPad, up to date with software, on the same wifi network.

the missing messages are just missing, no exclamation point or anything to indicate, but my friend tells me she didn’t receive what I sent, and vice versa. Nothing unusual about those texts, no pics, etc. The missing texts don’t ever show up later. 

0 Likes
karenrr110

And yes I have a little time now if it won’t take too long. My friend can’t now, though, if you have to sync with her.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Karen on the text messages, is it your device not able to send, and receive, or is it her device. If it is yours we can fix it in a few moments. *Rhonda

0 Likes
karenrr110

Hi, it’s not an inability to send. In other words, it looks like the message sent, no indication that it didn’t, yet the other person doesn’t receive it. I write the message, send it, it looks like it got sent, but it doesn’t show up at all on her end. She reports the same kind of thing happens when she sends me a text and I don’t receive it,

It happened twice yesterday, but didn’t happen at all today,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello karenrr110! We're happy to help you with this situation. Please reply to our private note to get started. 

~Aaron

0 Likes