Re: Not receiving sms messages on iPhone?
babigrl2308

I am having the same problem, I have even tried sending messages to certain people while I am with them to see if they get them, and they don't but yet they text me two minutes later and I receive their messages!! Please help me!

0 Likes
Maximus35

Same problem here.  One message took 3.5 hours to get to me.  What's going on?

0 Likes
ms3

I have an iphone 4 that i have upgraded.  My problem is that

I am unable to receive sms messages from  only one person on my contact list.

They receive my text, but their response never reaches me.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving SMS messages on iPhone?
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello ms3,

I am a proud owner of an iPhone and I am more than happy to assist you with your messaging concern. In order to get a better understanding of your issue, I have a few questions. If you can provide me with the answers then that would be great! They are written below:

Are you able to send & receive from other mobile numbers in your contacts?

What software version do you have on your device?

What city and state are you in?

Is the sending party a Verizon Wireless customer?

Have you erase all of the long threaded messages from the phone? 

Once you have provided some clarification on the issue, I can better assess the issue. Also, for your review, I have posted an article from the Apple website on how to troubleshoot the text messaging feature.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

Once you have tried these steps then please reply with your findings. If you are still experiencing issue with messaging then we are available to further assist. 

Thank you...

0 Likes
LeRaffe

I am having the same issue and I know this is an issue on Verizon's side/network NOT the iphone. I have an iphone and I am not recieving all the text messages my friends are sending to me. When my friends send a group text, I am the only one who does not recieve the group mms text and I am the only one on the Verizon network. Even when my friends send me a SMS from AT&T, I don't recieve it sometimes. I have replaced my phone earlier this week and this issue is still happening, and if anything, its more prevelant. This would also happen on the old iPhone OS and the new iPhone OS. 

So long story short, even with a new phone, new os, everything updated correctly, my Verizon iPhone is the only iPhone I know that does not recieve all the texts both MMS and SMS sent to it.

0 Likes
lancecarol

My wifes new iphone 4s is having the same problem.  It is not receiving sms group messages and sms single messages from certain contacts in her address book.  Not sure where to go for help.  We went Verizon store.  They said they had not heard of the problem and that we needed to contact apple.  I have done sync, *228, reset ect and nothing makes a difference.  We are obiviously not the only ones having this issue.  I would appreciate help from verizon as to how to correct this issue.  Thanks.

0 Likes
ryan_thoreson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue - I've done a soft reset, updated my phone through iTunes, called *228 and did option 1, deleted the contact and re-entered it, had them reboot my text messaging, etc. Nothing has worked. It's happened intermittently with somebody else on my family plan on Verizon and is happening constantly with the one person I need to be able to text on a daily basis on another network, so I'm pretty sure it's on my end. When I called Verizon, they also said they hadn't heard of the problem - does anyone have other ideas?

aslan

Don't think you are along iphone users.  I have an Pantech Breakout android and am having intermittent problems recieving text messages.  This has been happening for about a month now (from what I can tell).  Our family is spread across the country and texting is our main means of communication.  I can't tell you how many texts I've missed, but there are a lot!  I've asked my family to notify me if they send me a text and I don't reply.  I've had two dropped text messages in the past three days.  I've checked my husbands phone and everything indicates that the message went through but I never receive it.  Verizon tech support has worked with me several times (both in store and online).  I've reset my phone to factory settings and now they say it could be my phone.  The phone is only six months old, so I don't buy that as a valid reason particularly when I hear of others having the same problem.  I would love for someone to give me some insight on what could be causing the problem.  Thanks.

0 Likes
janie1569

I'm also having the same issue!  I have had it for 3 days and have tried everything - including getting a new iPhone.  Well its still a problem - so its clearly not the phone.  Its clearly a Verizon problem.  Mine also tends to happen at night...and then works around 8 am every morning...

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving SMS messages on iPhone?
linkit

I am having the same problem. I went to the verizon store and they told me that the problem isnt big enough for verizon to be concerned over and in other words so sad to bad, the person i am not able to get texts from is my daughter one of the main reasons i have a phone, and i had no problem recieving messages from her from the time i got the iphone (she has a droid) until just about four days ago.  I was really upset and they are sending a new phone but his first answer was its only one person so whats the big deal--the big deal is that one person is my daughter and i am paying ALMOST $200/month i want it to work properly, it did before and it should again.

0 Likes