Not receiving text messages on iPhone 8.
evakay18

I recently switched to Verizon from another carrier and got a new iPhone 8.  Since the switch last week, I have not been able to receive SMS text messages.  I can still send text messages and get iMessages.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving text messages on iPhone 8.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The port process might not been fully completed. Reach out to the Port Center per the instructions in the link for assistance. Transfer Your Phone Number | Switch to Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The port process might not been fully completed. Reach out to the Port Center per the instructions in the link for assistance. Transfer Your Phone Number | Switch to Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Evekay18, you were given great information from Ann154. There are times when a port request may be delayed. If you are still experiencing this issue, are you able to place and receive calls? When going to the Settings, Messages, is Send as SMS on?

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes