Oct 2020 XR Promotion not being honored
vcust1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found Verizon was offering a deal on an iPhone XR 64GB model for $120 in October of 2020.  I chatted with a Verizon rep through the chat on the Verizon site to clarify the cost of the phone and purchased the new device and the new line that I needed to get for the deal.

I was told my account would be charged 28.03 for a month or two, then it would be credited that amount and I would actually end up paying $5 per month for 24 months for a total price on the phone of $120.  This was made very clear more than once during our conversation.

Today I noticed that I've actually been being charged the 28.03 for three months now and there's no indication of any deal associated with the device.

I called Verizon support and spent an hour and 39 minutes on the phone with someone who was not able to straighten it out.  It then hopped on Verizon support chat and tried to have someone at least give me a contact so I could escalate my issue to someone who can fix it.  I was on with someone who said they would look into it and after a long time the chat welcomed me and asked how they could help.  Apparently I had been dropped.  I started to work with that person and was told it was being looked into...that dropped also.  So after an hour of chat I gave up on that idea.

Bottom line is I was sold a device and line with the promise that it would be $120 in total for the device.  According to my account, they are charging me $499.99 for the device.  The promotion was not applied to my phone.

Does anyone know of a way to escalate a billing issue like this?  It would appear my only options would be to call back and hope to get someone who can fix the error or file a claim in small claims court.

I don't have any desire to pay $380 more for the device that it was sold to me for. 

Thanks in advance for any info that may lead to a resolution.

Labels (1)
Re: Oct 2020 XR Promotion not being honored
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly take a look into this promotion with you. Please send us a Private Note and we can dive right in.

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
vcust1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to reach someone today and stay connected to the chat long enough to get it resolved so this has become a moot point.  Thanks

0 Likes
SherryKW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a very similar problem and yes each conversation was at least an hour long and multiple transfers to different reps.

0 Likes