Online Purchase - How to swap upgrades?
kmominee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I am planning to purchase the iPhone 6 on VZW.com on Friday when it comes available for pre-order. My line is not available for an upgrade but 2 other lines on my family plan are eligible (I have permission to use one of the upgrades). Is there an option to swap an upgrade before I log on that night to place the order? Or do I need to upgrade it from that line when ordering online?

Also, if I am unable to swap, how do I activate the phone when I receive it on my line rather than the line that the upgrade was eligible on?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Online Purchase - How to swap upgrades?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question Kmominee
Yes you can do an alternate upgrade online. You will be able to order a device from your line and use an available upgrade.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question Kmominee
Yes you can do an alternate upgrade online. You will be able to order a device from your line and use an available upgrade.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
learn2reid

Hello,

I have this exact same question and the original post, is this definitely true for PRE-ORDERS as well? On the pre-order screen for the iPhone 6 I will be able to transfer the upgrade and proceed to pre-order for the new iPhone 6 on my line with no problem?

0 Likes
anonbob

I also have a very similar question as well.  My line is eligible for upgrade in early October.  My wife's line on our family share plan has been eligible for upgrade almost forever, it seems.  Of course, my current plan is to upgrade to iPhone 6 using wife's line, then once activated on her line, use the online Verizon line switch configurator.

Is it easier to activate the new iPhone 6 on wife's line, then switch lines using the online configurator, or can the switch be done DURING the activation process somehow once I receive the new phone?

Or, as in the above question, can I transfer the upgrade to my line?

Thanks!

0 Likes