Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
PRL update for the iPhone 5
jennip13

I can't seem to update my PRL on my iPhone 5.  It won't let me dial *228.  Does anyone know how else to update it?  BTW, "This number is not allowed" pops up when I try.  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: PRL update for the iPhone 5
Ann154
Super User
Super User

The SIM card handles the PRL updates on 4G LTE devices.  You don't need to dial *228 with those phones.  To force an update. turn off the phone, take out the SIM card for a few minutes, reassemble and reboot the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

The SIM card handles the PRL updates on 4G LTE devices.  You don't need to dial *228 with those phones.  To force an update. turn off the phone, take out the SIM card for a few minutes, reassemble and reboot the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jennip13

How do you take out the SIM card in iPhone 5? I didn't think it had a removable one.

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP
0 Likes
jennip13

I don't think this is going to help.

0 Likes
molinkie

If you hold the phone with the home button on the bottom and the screen facing you, the nano sim card tray is on the right edge.

0 Likes