Phone randomly dies requiring hard reset
Bomgart

Does anyone else have this same issue.  My phone randomly dies and requires a hard reset.  It has happened to me twice in 10 days.  First time I thought that I had let my phones battery get to low but after putting it on the charger for an hour it would not power on using the button... had to hard reset.  Second time I am 96.3 % positive it had over 75% battery and it randomly died also requiring a hard reset.  I have an iphone5 32GB 6.1.3 version ios.  My girlfriend is having the same issue with her Droid so I know it is not just an iphone issue.  Verizon please respond.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone randomly dies requiring hard reset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning Bomgart!

I like to think being random is a great attribute. Sadly, not when it comes to a phone though. But fear not, because we've got a couple of solutions for one of our favorite couples.

Now, there's no doubt that random dying is an illness that does plague a small minority of devices. But, there's a possibility that it may be due to the equipment itself or potentially something that was installed. Based on your description of things, you're up to date in software. And hard resets are a fantastic route to take when experiencing these issues. But, we want to isolate the problem. What I'm going to recommend is doing another hard reset http://vz.to/Sq8I9x . Only this time, test it out before you load on your applications. Also, you may wish to remove those which may not be entirely reputable (battery savers, task killers, etc.). Please let me know how that goes and while we're on the topic, which device does your girlfriend have with us? I've got you covered.

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bomgart

My girlfriend has a Droid 3.  My idea of a hard reset and yours are not the same.  When I say hard reset; I mean holding the the power button and home key at the same time for 10 seconds until the Apple appears.  I have not wiped my phone clean and reinstalled everything.  As far as battery killing apps... I am very vigilant at ensuring all my apps are completely closed each night (if not a couple times a day).  Last night my phone randomly shut down and since it was off; my alarm did not go off this morn and I was late for work.  When I hard reset (my version) the battery was at 59% when the device came back on.  I will try your version of hard reset and see if I have any more issues (I hope not or I will have to find a different phone).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us Bomgart. And thanks for the thorough explaination of what's going on. Is the alarm on the phone the default alarm that comes with the phone, or did you download an application? Please try that Hard Reset and keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes