Re: Poor cell service in my area and dropped calls inside with wifi calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional information provided Lismag52. When did you start experiencing dropped calls? Do you know of other Verizon Wireless customers in the area who are also experiencing the same issues? Are issues only while you are indoors or both indoors and outdoors?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NosillaMarie

I have this same issue on my iPhone 8.  Even when I am on WiFi calling in my house people are constantly telling me that they cannot hear me that I "sound like a robot" or I loose connection all together.  I have two phones one separate plans, but both with Verizon. I switched recently from AT^T but did not have this problem with them. As soon as I use all my rebates and gift cards from switching I might have to go back to AT&T because this is just not working out for me.  I can't have my clients not understanding me when I I talking to them on the phone, it's embarrassing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NosillaMarie,

It pains me to hear that your iPhone 8 is having issues with Wi-Fi calling. Sounding like a robot is not the way we want you to sound to your clients. We're happy that you made the switch from AT&T, and we appreciate your loyalty greatly. We certainly don't want to see you go back. Let's work on this together to make things right again.

What is the zip code where you are having these issues? What happens when you use Wi-Fi calling in other locations? How is the service with Wi-Fi calling on your other Verizon phone? Lastly, how are your calls when you are not on Wi-Fi and using the cellular network?

RyanCo_VZW
If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NosillaMarie

The Zip Code is 33330. I honestly have not made it a point to try using the phone at any other WiFi locations because my reception is so poor on my home wifi. The WiFi calling is poor on either of my Verizon cell phones. One is an iPhone the other is an android. The cellular calling I experience is about the same as the WiFi calling. I drop calls constantly when I am around town. I will have 3-4 bars displayed and have several dropped calls a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NosillaMarie, 

Thank you so much for the additional details. We want to make sure that we do everything we can to help out with the call quality that you're getting on your cell phones. I was able to check the network in the zip code that you provided. I'm not showing any reported issues or outages in the area. How far would you say you would need to travel before you can pick up better service? Do you have any problems with sending/receiving text messages? Or with using the cellular data on the phones? Keep us posted.  

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NosillaMarie

Once I leave my neighborhood the service is fine. So I’d say 1 block. We are in the flyway for the local airport so I’ve always attributed the bad cell coverage to that because with att we also had poor cell phone reception but at least the WiFi calling worked. There should be no issue of cell phone service disruption if I’m using the WiFi calling. I have even tried using the phones on airplane mode to force WiFi connection and I am still told I sound like a robot intermittently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NosillaMarie, it's beyond important that your call quality is up to standards. I wouldn't want to sound like a robot on my calls either. I'd love to look at your account more in depth, so we can come up with an effective solution. I have sent you a message in your inbox, so please reply to me there.

AkaneM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daniel888
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m having the same issues.  I work from home and use a laptop soft phone (works great) for business as my iPhone X refuses to maintain a signal and I live in a major metropolitan area.  VZW’s LTE is just not up to par, dropping calls all the time.  our company is getting rid of our soft phones and we can only use cell phones now.  So I’ve been using WiFi calling.  I have gigablast internet and I’m constantly hearing from people I’m speaking to “I’m sorry, you are breaking up, can you repeat?” And then my screen says “ Call Failed”.  Happens at least two to three times daily.  Embarrassing.  with Losing my soft phone, WiFi calling useless, I have to find another carrier and I’ve been with VZW since the beginning. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want to see you go to another provider, Daniel888. I can understand how it's important to be able to use service when working from home. What's your zip code? When did you start having trouble with service? Are text and data also affected? Are you having trouble with calls in other locations too? 

Lauren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daniel888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, zip code is 85021.  I started having trouble a year ago.  i have to turn off LTE or it drops all the time.  I never have success with WiFi calling.  I use Cisco Jabber over WiFi now but am losing that shortly.  Never had any problems with Cisco.    Text and data are not affected.  It’s only voice. 

0 Likes