Ported my old U.S. Cellular number, now I can't receive texts from U.S. Cellular users...
Maine1776

Title explains what I'm experiencing

I'm in an area that has "extended" 1x coverage...and I am connected to my wifi network.

I dont receive texts if they're sent, then, if I move into an area with LTE coverage: I still don't get those "backed up" texts (which leads me to believe it's not a signal issue?)

Help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Ported my old U.S. Cellular number, now I can't receive texts from U.S. Cellular users...
Maine1776

I should also mention, I've already been on the phone with a CSR who told me to reset the network settings and restart...which I did.

0 Likes
Re: Ported my old U.S. Cellular number, now I can't receive texts from U.S. Cellular users...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone and request that your text message feature be reset from their end.  It sounds like the port from US Cellular to Verizon wasn't completed fully.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JoeVB

I'm having this exact same problem. Did you figure out a solution?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

How long has passed after the port. Usually it takes up to a week for everything to work right. Usually 1-2 days is what the strive for, but there will be times(on all carriers) where it doesn't go all that smoothly.

0 Likes