Power button on Iphone 4 8GB Black broken
Hiatt66d

Hello...my wife's power button on her IPhone 4 is not working and seems to be depressed in the case. I have tried to clean out around the area but it's still won't work right. She uses a case so the button is not exposed to any outside elements. The phone has not been dropped. We have the insurance. Can we take this to out local Verizon Store to get replaced or fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Power button on Iphone 4 8GB Black broken
rcschnoor
Legend

You will most likely have to file an insurance claim and pay the deductible. I don't think this can be done in a Verizon store, but I could be mistaken as I have never gone with the insurance. Since the insurance is with Asurion and not Verizon, though, I would think that would be the case.

0 Likes
Re: Power button on Iphone 4 8GB Black broken
Not applicable

Depending on how long you have purchased it, you have Apple Care up to a certain number of days and a year warranty on defects etc. go to an Apple Store and have them repair it. I would not use Verizons Assurion insurance since you will get a second hand piece of junk. I personally would just use the Apple Store which I believe now does repairs for certain issues on the spot. If you don't have Assurion supplement insurance the manufacturers replacement via Verizon is also a refurbished piece of junk which may have a worse issue than the one you have now.

Good Luck

0 Likes