Pre-Order no email or bank charge
Sepbgh14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Capture.GIF

I per-ordered my iPhone 5 at 2:10 am Central time on 9-14. Since then I have yet to get a email or bank charge. I understand I probably won't be charged until shipment, but on 9-16 I talked to a Verizon Rep and they said I should be charge today and have a email. Well it's almost the end of the business day and I still haven't received anything. Above is the snap shot of my order confirmation Just wanted to know if anyone is in the same boat as me? Since I know i ordered in the "first wave" I feel I should have been confirmed by now. I am a existing customer, it was paid with a debit card, and I was available for a new phone upgrade. So their shouldn't of been any problem with credit check.   - Anxious Customer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pre-Order no email or bank charge
AJRichard921

I have exactly the same issue. A verizon rep. told me the same thing. It's getting frustrating because I can't even check the status of my order, yet they're saying it went through! Hopefully they shed some light into this problem soon.

0 Likes
Sepbgh14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, glad I am not the only one. When i talked to the rep she gave me this link to check your order. Try putting your Confirmation number in it with your last name. Try your last name as "Davis, DAVIS, or davis" One of them should work for you. If you don't have your Comp # then go back to the chat now feature or dial *611 on your cell phone and ask for it. hope that helps.. https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Any rep that tells you the exact date you will be charged is wrong as they can not tell you that until the phone is in the "shipped" mode...meaning a shipping label has been generated for it. Communication, as mentioned numerous times is slow during pre-order waves. This has been the case on previous iPhone pre-orders and if I recall correctly, some other phone pre-orders that generated high orders. Also, just an FYI...end of business day depends on what time zone they are going by...for example, some places would consider 8:00 PM to be the end of business day. But if they are referring to PST time then it wouldn't be until 11:00 PM EST. At any rate, I honestly wouldn't stress too much over it yet. If you take a moment to look at a few threads on this forum you will already see that a lot of people that chose to order via VZW have NOT received an email yet....and those of us that ordered in the past have mentioned that even during our previous pre-order experiences we did NOT receive emails....in some cases until after our devices had actually shipped. Some did not receive anything at all. You can keep contacting VZW if you want to, but it may prove to be more frustrating than helpful. You can also keep checking your billing method for the actual charge....at which point you will know for sure, even without an email that your device is labeled for shipment. If you don't see any activity or receive an email by the 20th...then maybe it might be time to worry...but barring something happening where you weren't actually in the first wave despite feeling like you were (it's possible, but I doubt it) you will see some sort of activity  on or before the 20th. I'd guess likely the 18th or 19th.

0 Likes
AJRichard921

I was definitely in the first wave. 6 a.m. eastern time. I'm not worried, but it's frustrating not receiving any confirmation.

0 Likes
Sepbgh14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for taking the time to write all that.I'll keep an eye out on my bank account. It's my first time ever per-ordering a phone and was just getting a little worried. Manly because when i ordered the phone off of VZW I confirmed my billing address/credit information and went onto the next step of adding my card info. Little did i know (since I was in a hurry to order) that when i put in my card info it was NOT the name on the billing address since it is my parents account So in other words the card info was correct, except the name on the billing address wasn't the name on the card. I called a rep right away and she said she couldn't change the info I input, but she would note on the order the card name was  input incorrect and I shouldn't worry to much. Deep down inside of me this is why I'm worrying.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Technically....6 am eastern was 3 hours after they started the preorder....not saying that takes you out of the "first wave", but it's not a completely impossible idea IF it's true that they sold out in an hour (although I believe that was attributed to Apple preorders and not necessarily the carriers batches). Again, I wouldn't put too much into any of it just yet...although I do understand that it's frustrating. Just thought it would help those that are in this for the first time to take in to account the experiences of those that have been through this during the previous preorders and know what to expect as far as poor/slow communication and likely delivery expectations. It doesn't seem to get through to most though (not targeting this towards THIS particular thread, but I guess it would fall under the same category) as there continues to be new threads started on the same topic, but it doesn't hurt to try and share....and if it doesn't ease any minds a little then at least the info was provided. Hopefully you'll hear something soon so you'll be less frustrated...plus once you get your phone in your hands your frustration will be quickly forgotten lol

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

In your situation, hopefully it won't be an issue (when I preordered via VZW for my iPhone 4 everything matched because the account is in my name....and even when I initially preordered my mothers we didn't run into any issues despite her account also being in my name but her billing method was in hers)...

0 Likes
Sepbgh14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that's a relief. I still live at home with my folks so our billing address is the same so hopefully it works out. I was just afraid they were going to enter her name on my credit card send it to the bank and they reject it. I didn't understand why the rep at VZW couldn't change it, but at least she notated it I guess. haha Thanks again for your input.

0 Likes
Sepbgh14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke to soon! Just got my bank statement charge! woohooo

0 Likes