Problems with POP3 e-mail servers?
Ant
Contributor - Level 2

Hello.

Is anyone else having problems with POP3 e-mail servers (e.g., pop.earthlink.net) with Verizon Wireless' service since yesterday? It is either not connecting or slow. At home's cable Internet connection, it is fine. This is on an Apple iPhone 4S with its iOS 5.

Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with POP3 e-mail servers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ant,

My apologies that you are having issues with your email on your device. I understand how important it is to make sure you have 24/7 access to your email. The good news is, this is fairly simple to fix. Often times, the iPhone needs a jump start. Below I have listed the necessary steps to resolve this issue.

Press & hold home key and power key together.
Maintain hold for about 15 seconds.
Apple logo will appear.
Release buttons.
Close & relaunch Mail program.

The above steps will more than likely resolve your email concerns. If you are still having issues please feel free to reach out, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Re: Problems with POP3 e-mail servers?
Ant
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hello Ant,

My apologies that you are having issues with your email on your device. I understand how important it is to make sure you have 24/7 access to your email. The good news is, this is fairly simple to fix. Often times, the iPhone needs a jump start. Below I have listed the necessary steps to resolve this issue.

Press & hold home key and power key together.
Maintain hold for about 15 seconds.
Apple logo will appear.
Release buttons.
Close & relaunch Mail program.

The above steps will more than likely resolve your email concerns. If you are still having issues please feel free to reach out, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

Thanks, but a bit late (9 days!). The issue was on my ISP's e-mail server since others reported having problems with their POP3 servers. Thanks though. Smiley Happy

0 Likes