Re: Cannot group text with multiple platforms
DSH92

I too am experiencing this issue. 4 total contacts in group message (1) Android. Really thought it was an iPhone issue and tried changing the iPhone settings multiple ways and none of which worked.  Could send video to Android user only with no other contacts in message. Also once on WiFi was able to send as intended To all 4 contacts in one message.  This makes me think it is DEFINITELY a Verizon carrier issue.  

Verizon fix??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Mrjo225

I'm having this problem as well. This is ridiculous

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DSH92,

I have several group chats and would be concerned too if I were having any issues with sending messages. Are you having problems only when sending a video message? Or does this happen with standard text messages as well? What version of iOS do you have installed on your phone (Settings >> General >> About >> Version)?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
DSH92

This happens regardless if SMS standard text or MMS.  IOS 13.3.1.  Is only happening with video text message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please confirm the text messaging application you're using? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
MelbaT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this issue for the past 2 years.  I'm an apple user.

• I cannot send nor receive group texts when one of the contacts is an android user
  • I cannot send nor receive photos individually texted to android users  (I get a red error message)

I upgraded my iPhone 6 today to the iPhone 13 thinking it was an Apple issue.  Apple tech support looked into it and are saying it's a carrier issue.  I went to the Verizon store today and they were quick to tell me that it could be the android user's issue but when I told him it happens with all my contacts who are android the Verizon tech got flustered and told me to wait to find out.  Reading the posts on this thread suggests that it is a Verizon issue and it's time to end my 20 year customer loyalty with Verizon and switch carriers if they cannot fix this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your loyalty matters to us. Please send us a Private Note, so we can assist you with your group text concerns. *Bee

0 Likes