Reactivate iPhone 5 on Account?
sesro1978

Hi-

Recently a member of my family plan ported their iPhone 5's number to a different carrier, which removed the iPhone 5 from my account (I think).  I have an iPhone 4s currently and was wondering if I can switch the iPhone 5 to my number so that it becomes my primary device?  If so, how is this done?  I see I have the option of choosing the iPhone 5 in MyVerizon using the:

Activate or Switch Device -> Activate Device (replace current device by activating one without service) -> I am activating a device that I previously used with this account

When I choose the iPhone 5 from the resultant drop-down menu and choose "next", I'm presented with a pop-up indicating that the iPhone 5 requires a SIM; can I re-use the SIM that was provided with the phone initially?  If so, how?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reactivate iPhone 5 on Account?
Dayton_356

You can easily get this done by visiting an Verizon Wireless store.

Activate / Switch device option online works if you have a unused nano SIM card. The old nano SIM card that was deactivated when you transferred the number to another carrier is no longer valid.

You need a new nano SIM Card which can be obtained in the verizon store for free.

0 Likes