Receiving sent messages from own iPhone 4s?
ISAVIC2021

when i send my wife a message, i get the same text message back to my phone as if i sent it to myself. the same thing happens to her when she sends me a text message. i just got her this phone about a week ago and i think it has something to do with the initial setup. i have tried everything but resetting to default. does anyone have any options or do i need to reset this iPhone 4s? thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving sent messages from own iPhone 4s?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sharing an Apple ID instead of having separate ones?

0 Likes
ISAVIC2021

initially the same but i created a seperate one. but we are still using the home sharing on itunes.

0 Likes
katie112

Go to your messages in setting and see what the receive and send numbers are. I had this problem to. It was because there was more than one number check as send and receive messages.

0 Likes
sunmykim

Maybe if you're both using the same iCloud ID, then you should turn that off for iMessage and only use your cell numbers for iMessage. Obviously if you're both using the same iCloud ID then you would both get the same messages.

Check in the Settings app... Messages > Send & Recieve

Then under "You can be reached at:" uncheck all except your cell number.

People can now only reach you for iMessages (and text messages) using your cell number, not your iCloud or AppleID.

Receive SMS messages from iPhone 4s

Recover deleted message from iPhone

Hope it helps.

0 Likes