Reception
Bbben

My new 6+ connected to wifi with no problem, but it cannot find my Samsung network extender. I only have one bar instead of the usual five on my old phone! What's up ???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reception
Weth
Legend

What was your previous phone?

Here is what is happening. The network extender is 3G only. By default, the iPhone 6 will connect to an LTE network when one is available. Your iPhone 6 is seeing the native LTE Verizon network at 1 bar and connecting to that. Go into Settings/Cellular and switch the Enable LTE  to off. Then you will see you connect to your network extender and get full bars, since you are forcing a 3G connection. Since the network extender only helps you with voice, and your data at home will come from wifi, you should set it up this way.

Settings/Cellular/Enable LTE - set this to Data only.

When at home, you will still see the 1 bar LTE connection, but when you dial the phone or receive a call, you will notice the signal jumps to full strength as the call is going over the 3G network and connects to your extender.

This same concern comes up about once or twice a week. You just need to understand what the signal strength indicator is showing you.

0 Likes