Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,254 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Replace phone aka refurbished phone?
NINATHAI

Hello all,

My original iphone8 had an issue with the camera.  I contacted Verizon service for assistance.  After the IT guy could not troubleshoot the problem, he offered to replace my phone.  The whole process was uneventful, and I received my replacement within days.  Shortly after the new phone, my text messages acted up like delayed messages showed up several hours after being sent.  Is it standard practice for  Apple or Verizon to send a refurbished phone to replace the original one?  How do I find that out? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Replace phone aka refurbished phone?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is standard practice to have a Certified Like New Replacement sent to you.

You can find this information out by reading the original warranty information that should have been in the box with your phone when you bought it.

This is standard practice for all electronics and has been for 30+ years.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NINATHAI, we want to make sure you always have a properly working device. When you do receive a replacement device, it is a Certified Like New Replacement. You can read more about our Certified Like New Replacements here: http://spr.ly/6586DbzzY .

0 Likes
BONDOM5

Not happy with a refurbished phone. I believe I had had a belief that a  replacement was to be new, not refurbished for $199.00 deductible. I got my refurbished phone and the audio is distorted after about 33% of the volume. We trouble shot it and reloaded it and it did no better. I am waiting for another refurbished phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BONDOM5, this is never how we want this to be. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused, and we want to do everything we can to make this right! Yes, when ordering an insurance replacement, they will be refurbished. However, they go through a 100-point test to ensure they are perfect when they get to you. I do see you have stated that you are waiting for another refurbished phone. How long has it been since you are receiving the second replacement

0 Likes
BONDOM5

I received my second refurbished phone yesterday and the audio on this one seems to work OK as do all the features. Thank you for you quick response. I am happy with my phone.

On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎October‎ ‎3‎, ‎2018‎ ‎06‎:‎34‎:‎23‎ ‎PM‎ ‎PDT, vzw_customer_support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

#yiv6217368152 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

Shop

Support

My Verizon

| |

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Apple - View the full discussion

BONDOM5, this is never how we want this to be. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused, and we want to do everything we can to make this right! Yes, when ordering an insurance replacement, they will be refurbished. However, they go through a 100-point test to ensure they are perfect when they get to you. I do see you have stated that you are waiting for another refurbished phone. How long has it been since you are receiving the second replacement

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community

Start a new discussion in Apple by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You are FAR better off dealing with Apple directly.  I highly recommend it.  Apple actually does not permit other carriers to do warranty exchanges because they want their brand protected. 

0 Likes
BONDOM5

I believe I will be looking at an Apple phone.

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎October‎ ‎4‎, ‎2018‎ ‎09‎:‎01‎:‎08‎ ‎AM‎ ‎PDT, mama23dogs <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

#yiv3067491220 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

Shop

Support

My Verizon

| |

created by mama23dogs in Apple - View the full discussion

You are FAR better off dealing with Apple directly.  I highly recommend it.  Apple actually does not permit other carriers to do warranty exchanges because they want their brand protected. 

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community

Start a new discussion in Apple by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes