Running slow on unlimited plan
MALHAM18

Why is my phone ru so slow when I switched to the new unlimited data plan ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Running slow on unlimited plan
rcschnoor
Legend

Which level of unlimited did you switch to? My guess is you switched to the lowest tier, GoUnlimited, which comes with a restriction it can be reprioritized at any time you are on a congested tower. This will make it appear as if your data is slower than normal.

The higher levels of unlimited don't start reprioritizing your line until you reach 22 GB of data usage.

If the speeds you are experiencing on your current tier are unacceptable, you may want to look into the other tiers of service and make a decision if the extra cost is worth having faster data speeds.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm experiencing slowdowns too for this billing cycle. I switched my plan to one of the unlimited plans months ago. However I know exactly why it is happening this cycle. I reached the 22 GB usage and I'm experiencing deprioritization as of this morning and throughout the day after almost 3 weeks without access to Wi-Fi at home. Smiley Sad. Thank goodness, my billing cycle switches tonight. Smiley Happy

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having quick speeds is a must for me too Malham18. Let's get this figured out. What is your zip code? Are other users experiencing the same problem or just your device? How slow is your connection? You can go to http://spr.ly/6587DvaTX to run a test.

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ann2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Literally just changed to unlimited this month, and yesterday was first day on plan. The speeds are at such a snail's pace. We all have Samsung Galaxy 8 or 8 plus phones. 4 of them on this plan. Usually went over the normal 8gb data we had by 2 gb  and were talked into this "wonderful" deal of only 10.00 extra per line per month for unlimited data. But if it is at this speed, it is not worth the 30.00 extra a month I was paying for the 2gb overage. Anyone else dealing with this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to get the best service and value with your plan, ann@verizon! We want your speeds to be at their best! Let's learn more. Which unlimited plan are you on, Go, Beyond, or Above? What city are located in, and what are the closest street intersections? Can you please run a speedtest through this link to see what speeds you are getting: http://spr.ly/6587ERZeb?

NicoleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes