SIM card failure
Katerinadp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently, my phone keeps popping a message saying SIM card failure or System Failure. I have been swiping it OFF and sometimes it comes back to normal but today it refuses to. Took the SIM card out but still it does not work right. Many functions, including phone calls and texts don't work. Do I need a new phone? Can I just install a new SIM card?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: SIM card failure
GEOJAM90

I would definitely try a new SIM card first.  You can go to any corporate store to get a free replacement, or if you call in, Verizon will send you one for no charge.  If you choose the latter it will take 3-5 business days to receive it.  this could really be one of two issues the SIM card has gone bad on you, or the SIM card reader in phone is going out.  many iPhones have a problem with the reader after a few years sadly.  Hope this helped

0 Likes
Katerinadp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!

Katherine

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

-

Oh no! That definitely sounds frustrating! Thanks so much, for your awesome recommendations. Let's figure this out. The device has to have a SIM card in order to work, so if you take the SIM card out, your phone will not place calls, send/receive texts, or use data. How long have you been receiving those pop up messages? Around the time this started, do you remember making any changes to your phone (new software update, new applications, etc)?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Katerinadp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to a Verizon store and they replaced the SIM card. The phone is back to working order. Thank you all for your responses.

Katherine

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Woohoo! That's exciting to hear. If you need anything else, please let us know. 

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bonnie02kim

IF the sim card is connected to my phone data, doesn't that mean I will lose my data if I haven't backed up my info? 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes