SOS/no service
Jersey22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm experiencing the same issue - could you please support me? SOS keeps toggling back on and I lose bars every time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SOS/no service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jersey22.  I know how frustating it can be when the signal is not full bars everywhere.  Network coverage does vary from location to location, inside or outside a home or building.  At home, do you have access to home internet to connect?  Wi-fi and Wi-Fi calling is the indoor solution recommended when at home to provide that consistent connection we need to stay in contact with friends, family, and others.

-Deb

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jersey22, I'm sorry to hear you're running into an issue with seeing the SOS indicator on your phone. Are you still experiencing this issue? Is this happening at multiple locations? Does it help to power your phone off and back on? 

-Lauren

0 Likes
Jersey22
Enthusiast - Level 2

They never called me back. I only experience this SOS at home. I only get 1-2 bars. People say that I cut out when talking to them from my house. I am paying $200 a month for two lines and I can’t get good service.  Very frustrating!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jersey22.  I know how frustating it can be when the signal is not full bars everywhere.  Network coverage does vary from location to location, inside or outside a home or building.  At home, do you have access to home internet to connect?  Wi-fi and Wi-Fi calling is the indoor solution recommended when at home to provide that consistent connection we need to stay in contact with friends, family, and others.

-Deb

0 Likes
Jersey22
Enthusiast - Level 2

The  SOS has stopped showing up for now.  I mainly have only 1 small bar.  I do  turn on and off pretty frequently.  So I guess I have to just accept 1 small bar 😞

0 Likes
SynthpopAddict

@Jersey22 wrote:

The  SOS has stopped showing up for now.  I mainly have only 1 small bar.  I do  turn on and off pretty frequently.  So I guess I have to just accept 1 small bar 😞

☹️That's not good.  If your signal strength is that poor all the time, the reason why your phone is going into SOS is because sometimes the phone can't get even 1 bar, so then it ends up in SOS.  Unless you want to install a cell phone signal booster system in your home, you're better off switching carriers.  But if you are on a contract and/or came to Verizon on a "get a phone/device/whatever" deal, you're stuck for now until you've fulfilled the contract or had service for 36 full months on a get a phone deal, otherwise you're going to get hit with some major penalties for bailing early.

Have you tried asking your neighbors who they use, or checked apps like Cellmapper or OpenSignal to see where the towers are in your area and how well the different carriers are performing?

-------------
I'm not a Verizon employee, just another customer trying to help.
0 Likes