Service suspended itself after iOS7 update!
Amoebian
Enthusiast - Level 2

Service on my iPhone 5 suspended itself after I updated to iOS7. I had to manually re activate service a few minutes ago by logging on to Verizon Wireless's website. After reactivating service, a new window containing two pieces of news opened: one, I was congratulated for reactivating service, and two, I also was advised that the existing contract would be extended for an amount of time identical to the unsolicited suspension of service.

How is this my problem? Why am I being penalized for a situation completely beyond my control? Verizon Wireless really grows into you, doesn't it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service suspended itself after iOS7 update!
Amoebian
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the response from a Verizon Customer Service Representative, when I requested their assistance restoring service. Please pay particular attention to text in bold:

"I do see that when the device attempted it's reinitiation with the network the evening of 10/8 (which I assume is the evening you completed the update) it recognized a previous insurance claim from June where Asurion had reported the phone as lost/stolen. It appears you may have found the device and contacted them to reverse the claim, but the system still recognized the information being reported as stolen from Asurion".

"When a software update through Apple is completed, it triggers the phone to reactivate it's wireless connections. This triggered the line to suspend when a new activation was attempted as a system security measure".

"This is how the system is designed to keep your information safe and avoid someone being able to activate your lost/stolen phone onto their account. I'm sorry that it ended up causing so much frustration for you. I assure you that your account is safe and it wasn't due to anyone accessing your account unauthorized".

"I do hope this helps to clarify what occured with your iPhone during the upgrade. I've confirmed that your Device ID and SIM have both been removed from our lost/stolen database for good, so you can complete future updates with ease and avoid this situation again in the future."

As I said, service suspended itself after the iOS7 update.

Amo

Private information removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my goodness, Amoebian. We absolutely don't want you feeling penalized for upgrading your awesome phone. An automatic suspension is definitely not part of the design. And if a suspension was completed then removed the same day, it won't affect your contract since there was no time actually inturrupted. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message with your name and mobile number so I can take a look at how this possibly got so mixed up.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
texnurse

Exact same thing happened to me

0 Likes
Amoebian
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has your cell phone been reported stolen (and maybe recovered later) at some point? If that's the case, Verizon suspended your service after upgrading to iOS7. Contact them.

Amo

0 Likes
vikodlak
Enthusiast - Level 3

I highly doubt your suspend service is direclty related to the update, particualry since you can update your phone on WIFI without ever connecting to the Verizon Wireless network. The update comes from Apple's servers, not Verizons.

0 Likes
Amoebian
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the response from a Verizon Customer Service Representative, when I requested their assistance restoring service. Please pay particular attention to text in bold:

"I do see that when the device attempted it's reinitiation with the network the evening of 10/8 (which I assume is the evening you completed the update) it recognized a previous insurance claim from June where Asurion had reported the phone as lost/stolen. It appears you may have found the device and contacted them to reverse the claim, but the system still recognized the information being reported as stolen from Asurion".

"When a software update through Apple is completed, it triggers the phone to reactivate it's wireless connections. This triggered the line to suspend when a new activation was attempted as a system security measure".

"This is how the system is designed to keep your information safe and avoid someone being able to activate your lost/stolen phone onto their account. I'm sorry that it ended up causing so much frustration for you. I assure you that your account is safe and it wasn't due to anyone accessing your account unauthorized".

"I do hope this helps to clarify what occured with your iPhone during the upgrade. I've confirmed that your Device ID and SIM have both been removed from our lost/stolen database for good, so you can complete future updates with ease and avoid this situation again in the future."

As I said, service suspended itself after the iOS7 update.

Amo

0 Likes
Tiffany2080

My service suspended too!!! UGH!! I am at work & I use it for work! VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

0 Likes
Amoebian
Enthusiast - Level 2

After Verizon looked into it and cleared the issue on their end, I never had another problem; must say that iOS7

update is working fine.

Amo

Private info removed by the Terms of Service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you texnurse!

It is definitely very odd that your services were suspended with the iOS7. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this right away. Were your services just not working at all? What happened exactly when you attempted to place a call? Are you continuing to have service concerns?

Please keep me posted!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Amoebian
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was already assisted by Jennifer from Verizon Wireless Customer Support.

Service is back to normal, iOS7 Update seems to have improved on previous operating systems. I'm running out of arguments to share with the forum regarding this issue, so if you could please delete this thread, or at least inactivate it.

Thank you, Am

Private info removed by the Terms of Service.

0 Likes