Setting up a hotspot
Randc070403
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter's iPhone 5 won't let me set up a hotspot. What do I do?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Setting up a hotspot
Randc070403
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out that there was a block on that line, after it was removed everything was fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Is her phone on a More Everything plan?  What error do you receive?  A general or specific like, "Contact Verizon for provisioning or to add to plan?"

0 Likes
Randc070403
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the more everything plan. It says set up personal hotspot & refers me to the website

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

But does SHE have the ME plan with Hotspot?  Will anyone else's phone connect to her hotspot?  On your end, if she has enabled the hotspot, have you entered the correct password and log in info?  You ARE stating that SHE has the hotspot and YOU are trying to connect to HER right?

0 Likes
Randc070403
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's the family share more everything. She wants to be able to use the hotspot for her iPad.

0 Likes
Randc070403
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can the hotspot feature on mine & my husband's galaxy 5, but not her iPhone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Randc070403,

We are so excited to hear of your interest in the Mobile Hotspot feature! You can add the feature to her line via MyVerzion for an additional cost  http://bit.ly/xB4iTc . Once the feature has been added to the line via the website. You can setup the feature on the device http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-64837/ .

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Randc070403
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have looked at my account features. It says that I have "mobile hotspot trigger" included on all 3 of my lines. I have no problems using it on my two galaxy 5 phones, only on the iPhone 5c. Why would that happen?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Ignore above, there is no additional cost for Hotspot on More Everything plan. 

IF a reboot (hold home and sleep/wake buttons together for 10 seconds then let go) does not solve it, you will need to call CS to have the item removed and re-added to trigger the hotspot.

Snn5
Legend

Yeah, I think that some wires got crossed somewhere in the communication.  I am uncertain as to who has the plan, which plan it is, and who's phone is having the issue, the hotspot phone or the phone connecting to the hotspot.