Sim from Samsung S5 into iPhone 6+
deanot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know the two have different sims, or so I have been told, Micro for the S5 and Nano for the 6+.  I do not want to give up my S5, and want to buy a new iPhone 6+ outright so I have no contract, question is how to do this with different sim sizes?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sim from Samsung S5 into iPhone 6+
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

An option is to have the nano SIM card activated, then get a SIM card adapter (available from places like Amazon) that converts the nano SIM card to a micro.  Then swapping phones is as simple as moving the SIM card from one phone to the other (and.if you run into an issue, you can always contact Customer Service to get the phone activated).  And yes, you can also swap phones via your on-line My Verizon account or by contacting Customer Service.

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

You would get a new SIM card with the iphone 6. Happens all the time.  Switching back and forth between phones on the same line would be possible as both cards have your information.

deanot
Enthusiast - Level 2

But how can both cards be active at the same time?  I would have to deactivate one to use the other right?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The cards only hold your information, they don't determine which phone is active on your account.  The IMEI number does that.  

And, no the phones will not both be active.  The other phone will have all the abilities of an iPod touch.

deanot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the help, so how easy is it to swap back and forth? is it a phone call, something I can do on the web?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

An option is to have the nano SIM card activated, then get a SIM card adapter (available from places like Amazon) that converts the nano SIM card to a micro.  Then swapping phones is as simple as moving the SIM card from one phone to the other (and.if you run into an issue, you can always contact Customer Service to get the phone activated).  And yes, you can also swap phones via your on-line My Verizon account or by contacting Customer Service.

deanot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you all...

mama23dogs
Legend

It used to be as easy as logging on to your account and switching phones with the IMEI number.  In the days before smartphones I did it often.  I haven't done it in a long time, but as far as I know, it is still that easy.  You can have a customer service person talk you through it.

I Have a Note 3. And don't always love the big phone.  Just ordered an S3, which is more pocket friendly.  I will be doing the same thing when the S3 arrives on Thursday as I believe it has a larger sim then the note.

0 Likes
deanot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am sure the note and the rest of the galaxy range use the same micro sim.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Hope so, it is easier to switch SIM card than to log on and enter IMEI number.

0 Likes