Smart Family Companion not active on iPhone 13
Buschbaum
Enthusiast - Level 1

Upgraded my child from android to iphone yesterday and can't get smart family companion app to activate.  The app is downloaded to her phone.  I can see her location; but that's all.  The app says it's not active.  When I use my parent app to send "instructions."  the text message isn't received on her iphone.  She can't call or text me and I can't call or text her.  I have confirmed my number is in her "trusted" contacts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Smart Family Companion not active on iPhone 13
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want our Verizon Smart Family app to work the way that it should be on your child's phone. We want to help get you all set up.  To better assist you, tell us a little more. Does your child's phone have Data access (4G LTE) when trying to link the phone? Our data connection is needed during this process, so shutting off Wi-Fi is suggested. Also, have you tried uninstalling the app and selecting it from the App Store to download instead of using the link from your phone? 

Check steps in the link below, and let us know how it works.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-81893/

~Maria

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want our Verizon Smart Family app to work the way that it should be on your child's phone. We want to help get you all set up.  To better assist you, tell us a little more. Does your child's phone have Data access (4G LTE) when trying to link the phone? Our data connection is needed during this process, so shutting off Wi-Fi is suggested. Also, have you tried uninstalling the app and selecting it from the App Store to download instead of using the link from your phone? 

Check steps in the link below, and let us know how it works.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-81893/

~Maria

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, just checking in to let you know that we're still available for you here. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you still need our help. We're just a few clicks away.

~Izzy

0 Likes