So frustrated!! Why pay for insurance?!
Angie10877

My iPhone 4s started vibrating nonstop this morning, so I shut if off and turned it back on and it was fine. Later on I realized it wasn't charging at all, no matter where it was plugged in. It died a painful death. I brought it in to Verizon, and the clerk said there was water damage, and showed me the dot that was barely pink at the top. My phone has been in a case since day 1, at all times, and never been dropped or placed in water. So I'm supposed to pay $169 for another 4s when my contract is up in a few months? Why have I been paying $10 a month for insurance on a phone that just dies and then pay another $169 on top of it? Especially if there wasn't any "water damage" another phone would be free... Are there any phones out there that don't have this mysterious water damage? My phone does NOT have water damage and this is totally ridiculous- I suspect all phones have this pink dot so that the companies don't have to pay for phones, and get to keep the extra $10  a month on top of the ludicrous $180 I pay a month for 2 phones!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: So frustrated!! Why pay for insurance?!
Not applicable

Deductibles are part of just about every form of insurance. Also this deductible was stated BEFORE you chose to take out the insurance. So this couldn't have been news to you. That being said I have never taken out insurance for that reason though. I didn't feel paying $10 a month( plus tax ) and a deductible was worth it. Especially when the replacement is a refurb. You're better off putting $10 away each month then if something did happen then at least you have something saved to help you get a new phone.

0 Likes
Re: So frustrated!! Why pay for insurance?!
Angie10877

I've had this phone for 18 months, and I didn't know the deductible was so high. My husband's phone was only $50 to replace. I've babied this phone and to have it just stop working is crazy. He now has insurance through best buy, and they will replace any phone with no money no matter the issue. The next phone I buy will be through them, and not Verizon! It's ridiculous!

0 Likes