Swap 4G LTE Devices (with differing sim card style)
patriotsfan82

Hi All,

My situation:

Line 1: Samsung Galaxy S3 (4G LTE, Micro Sim)

Line 2: New line - Used to purchase iPhone 5 (4G LTE, Nano Sim).

I'm simply trying to figure out how I should go about getting the iPhone 5 on Line 1, and the Galaxy S3 on Line 2. I'm not looking to preserve any unlimited data plans or anything, it's just the phone numbers that I wan't swapped.

I was initially going to activate the iPhone 5 on the new line when I received it and then use Verizon's online phone swap utility. The utility makes absolutely no mention about 4G devices, although it seems to allow me to select 4g devices just fine without complaining (I don't have another 4g phone to test with at the moment however).

Anyone know the best method? Will I simply need to visit a Verizon store and hope they have extra nano-sims? Should I go to Verizon before activating the new iPhone 5 at all?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Swap 4G LTE Devices (with differing sim card style)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi patriotsfan82,

Switching phones around can definitely become confusing if you don't become informed with the process. It's great that you're checking into this before any changes are done. The easiest step will be to contact us (phone or in store) before activating the iPhone 5. We will be able to move the phone to Line 1 and leave the S3 for Line 2. If you have already finished the activation of the iPhone 5 on Line 2, we will need to age the SIM Card so that it's compatible with the number for Line 1. The process can be found on http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=65331.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes