Switched to headphones
Mwmlwilson

My iPhone 6s keeps switching to headphones. There are none plugged in and haven't been but out of the blue it will only work with headphones. Last time it did this I went into Verizon store and while waiting it went back to normal but this time it has not since last night.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switched to headphones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mwmlwilson, I can understand the frustration over your headphones that keep switching over to your iPhone 6s. Let me look closer into this issue for you. Have you turned off your headphones so the bluetooth function won't connect to your headphone? Have you tried turning off your device and the headphones and then turning back on the iPhone 6s?
Give that a try and post back with the results. EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mwmlwilson

I don't have any blue tooth headphones. The phone just keeps switching saying I have headphones plugged in and I haven't. I have turned it off with hard reset about 6 times. It did this before and when I went in they blew out headphones jack and hard reset which initially did nothing but as I was waiting just all of a sudden started working. I have done all of that and it has not started working right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mwmlwilson,

Thanks again for those additional details, we appreciate all that you have done. We don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Do you notice any debris that would be in the headphone port? Is there any physical or liquid damage to the device? Are you aware if the device is still within warranty? If so, and there is no damage, it would be best to have the device replaced within warranty with our technical support at 800-922-0204.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a phone csse, is any part of the case sticking into the headphone jack? An iPhone has a sensor pin in the jack which could be stuck or being pushed down on, causing it to think there are headphones.

If that's not the case and you have an Apple store nearby, try making an appointment with the Genius Bar to have the device looked at.

0 Likes