Re: THE DATA USAGE ISSUE WITH THE IPHONE 5c
Bill21784
Enthusiast - Level 3

I contacted Verizon Support today and they have a Software Update that is suppose to fix the issue of using Mobile Data instead of WiFi. They gave me additional data for this month to cover the extra usage by the iPhone.

0 Likes
nursebsn14
Enthusiast - Level 3

I switched my service to sprint. Neither Apple or Verizon could identify why my phone was pulling so much data. Apple had the phone swapped and deemed t a hardware issue. I contacted Verizon and asked for an adjust for three months of service back to the data plan I had prior to all of this, which may have been an adjustment of about 50.00 for the past three months. The supervisor told me that wasn't Verizon's fault that the iPhone has data issues and he would not adjust anything. I contacted Apple and they offered no resolution either. I referenced these forums with other people having the same issue and the reps and managers all sounded oblivious to what the forums even were. At this point Ive ported my main line over from Verizon and my sisters phone is coming off of Verizon along with my daughters tablet. I will be contacting their executive Vice President and also the federal trade commission to report this issue. I see a class action lawsuit coming against Verizon and Apple don't with the issue and stop passing the buck.

Marchelle McCall

Sent From My iPhone

0 Likes
nursebsn14
Enthusiast - Level 3

Watch that data still. I turned my cellular data off too. When I turned it back on it would jump in the next few minutes after I would turn it back on while still on wifi. I also took pics of the data going up with the data off while using wifi

0 Likes
nursebsn14
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's all they're going to do. They told me when I complained that I never went over my data. Well no I didn't because I kept increasing it so I didn't have to pay overages. I'm done with Verizon they're dead wrong and they need to address the issue directly.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

ALL iPhones randomly regardless of carrier have this issue.  Some don't stand out as much...

1.  they are not the largest carrier

2.  They have unlimited data on Sprint and T-Mobile so it often goes unnoticed. However those with limited data plans complain about their usage(They end up being throttled after a few days).  Sprint well in a lot of locations Sprint service is poor so things go unnoticed or even show a lot of usage.

Verizon and carriers will get a free pass if it's a coded bug.  Carriers don't touch code unlike popular belief.

0 Likes
nursebsn14
Enthusiast - Level 3

At this point I'd rather have my data go a little slower than have a 170.00 phone bill for one phone. And I'm not burning anything close to what I used with Verizon in the course of a week. I hope they resolve the issue but they won't even acknowledge it.

Marchelle McCall

Sent From My iPhone

0 Likes
DanBTx

Do elaborate.... Software as in OTA programming?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am merely pointing out who is really to blame nothing more.

Verizon can't do anything...  It's not their code, and they don't manufacturer the phone.  Apple boasts about that fact as well and the reason why there are no carrier preinstalled apps.

There's probably a patch fix from Apple which isn't going through ADC to quickly push out a potential fix.  It'll be pushed out when Apple feels comfortable.

Not applicable

There is no class actions allowed per decision of the US Supreme Court. So that kills that idea.

Apple admitted it is their issue and the fix is iOS 8.0.2 which you should have updated your iPhone to.

All iphones from iPhone 4s through the new iPhone 6&6+ can receive the update.

Good Luck

B33
Legend

Like Android it's up to the Manufacture..

0 Likes