Text 223322 to Direct TV
GentlemanFromVirginia

On the IPhone 7, Direct TV account holders have the option to text MOVIE to 223322, makes it simpler to order a movie. I have been trying for several days now, the message will not deliver. I receive error message's Not Delivered. Other people I know have tried, it goes through without any issues.

Somewhere I read that Direct TV has to allow SMS messaging, they have checked that.

Verizon says it's Direct TV's problem.

Direct TV has moved the problem up to their engineering department, which is more than Verizon offered to do.

Is there a setting on the IPhone 7 that I am overlooking?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text 223322 to Direct TV
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GentlemanFromVirginia, we're glad to learn that DirectTV is looking into your matter. I can definitely address your inquiry further. The message you're attempting to send is known as a Premium SMS. Typically, so long as you do not have a Premium SMS block feature on your line or don't have the number blocked under your Message settings, then you shouldn't have an issue with sending your message. This is especially true if you're able to send SMS messages to other 4, 5 and 6-digit short codes. Are you currently able to text other premium short codes numbers?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GentlemanFromVirginia, we're glad to learn that DirectTV is looking into your matter. I can definitely address your inquiry further. The message you're attempting to send is known as a Premium SMS. Typically, so long as you do not have a Premium SMS block feature on your line or don't have the number blocked under your Message settings, then you shouldn't have an issue with sending your message. This is especially true if you're able to send SMS messages to other 4, 5 and 6-digit short codes. Are you currently able to text other premium short codes numbers?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GentlemanFromVirginia

Thanks for the help. I had blocked my account for premium SMS messaging.

0 Likes