Transfer new phone from one account to another
gablett

Ok this may get confusing but Ill try to ask it in a way that makes sense. Myself and my wife are on two separate Verizon accounts. She has an upgrade available and got an Iphone 6 today. She wants to go back to her Iphone 5 and I was going to take her Iphone 6. She has not activated it yet or even taken it out of the box. Can I just take the sim card out of my 5s and put it in the new 6 and activate it on my account without affecting her?

If not can some one tell me how we go about this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfer new phone from one account to another
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question gablett, and I'm glad you asked. I can understand how that can get confusing but not to worry. As long as they're both Verizon Wireless phones you can use them on active Verizon Wireless accounts. However, she will have to activate it on her line first, since our system recognizes it. Then, you can change them to the other lines.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question gablett, and I'm glad you asked. I can understand how that can get confusing but not to worry. As long as they're both Verizon Wireless phones you can use them on active Verizon Wireless accounts. However, she will have to activate it on her line first, since our system recognizes it. Then, you can change them to the other lines.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
narntek
Contributor - Level 3

I've had them transferred fine w/o anything needing to be activated.

0 Likes