Two tradeins are not honored
Hopeqing

We received promotional tradein on the "my offer" page.  Our iphone 11 and iphone 11 promax were each given $700 trade-in value.  Even our iphone 6 was given a $440 tradein value  offer on the webpage.  When we initiated these offers, one representative processed our new phone orders for iphone 13 and iphone 13 pro max.  Another representative handled the iphone 6 tradein.  The iphone 6 got the $440 trade in value within a reasonable amount of time.  However, our iphone 11 and iphone 11 promax were not given their trade in values.  I received emails that they would be given $175 and $330, respectively as gift cards.  It is ironic that our perfectly kept iphone 11 and iphone 11 pro max worth less than our iphone 6.  I called verizon to stop sending us the gift cards on June 3 as soon as I saw the information because in addition to the wrong value, we did not want the gift cards, either.  As of today, we did not receive any gift cards.  I called numerous times to try to resolve the issue.  At first, I was told to wait for at least two billing cycles.  After more than 2 months, I was told that they could not find the promotion that we were given.  We have been a loyal customer of verizon for 19 years.  I have never experienced so many mistakes in handling a new phone order and trade-ins.  I think we are done with verizon finally.  It's too bad.  My one piece advise is that if you were offered a promotion online, take a picture of this page as a record.  Also, keep all UPS shipping slips and shipping confirmation/tradein emails.  These information will help you down the road if you need to deal with verizon.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Two tradeins are not honored
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Hopeqing. We know the importance of ensuring that you are receiving the correct amounts for your Trade Ins. I have sent you a Private Note for your review. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

-Tanisha

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Hopeqing. We know the importance of ensuring that you are receiving the correct amounts for your Trade Ins. I have sent you a Private Note for your review. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

-Tanisha

0 Likes
Hopeqing

I am impressed at how fast the team here at Verizon Community resolved this issue. Both devices each got a text saying that the trade-in promo was applied Monday evening, just after 24 hours. Today, upon checking by calling in Verizon, the representative verified that both lines received the promised $700 promotion, which will appear in the next bill. Thanks to the agent here who helped me with this issue. I will post more updates once the promo appears on our bill next month.

0 Likes
Hopeqing

Upon checking my next bill, both trade in credits are honored now. Both lines were also given four portions of the credits to catch up the missing ones. Thanks verizon community representatives!! Wish all verizon customer service department are as prompt and efficient as you guys.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hopeqing,

You're very welcome. We're happy to hear thanks are reflecting properly on your bill. Thanks for your patience.

-Mark

0 Likes
LeesaBeesa29

I'm glad you got it taken care of.  I can't even get a representative to answer my thread.  And the last support request I put in says it's resolved and when I go back to look at it it says "Try sometime later"  Has been that way for weeks.

0 Likes
Verizonbroke1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have similar issues with verizon not honoring trade-in promotions, having spent cumulatively at least 20+ hours on the phone, additional chats, support messages on verizon.com.  I once had a manager admit to their issues with record keeping, as every time I attempt to follow-up with a agent on the phone, I have to re-explain everything again, they go through everything, but still come with no resolution.  I once had a agent give me their verizon email after promising everything would be squared away, only to never reply when nothing was squared away. 

Most recently, the phone agent said "I can't honor the trade-in because we can't find the phone" even after I provided UPS tracking numbers when another agent said they could find things, but said "we will give you a smaller credit", I asked for at least that credit but also to talk to a supervisor which they promised would call me in 10 minutes.

I got an email saying "your $XXX.00 credit is in review", never had supervisor call me (even after calling back and an agent saying they would ask supervisor to call me", then never getting the credit.   I could go on and on with inept support messages when I tried to follow-up saying "need more information" even though they should have all the information.

Verizon either has the most dysfunctional custom support record system or purposefully has a system in place to prevent trade-in promotions from being honored.  They basically have 2 of my phones now without reimbursement.  

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there. This is not the experience we want you to have. All Trade Ins have submission numbers so we can Track these, to prevent any issues. Please send us a PM for assistance!

*Heather

0 Likes
Verizonbroke1
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I send you a PM?  

0 Likes
joelmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you click the  VZW_CS user tag the option to message will appear or in the top right  you can click the letter.  

0 Likes