Unable to hear callers on iPhone 4
onemdgal64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else having problems hearing callers on your iPhone4?  If so, is there a simple solution?  I'm able to hear incoming callers utilizing the speakerphone and headset, but I'm unable to hear them through the phone's ear speaker.  I'm hoping I don't have to return the phone. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to hear callers on iPhone 4
Macaddict
Contributor - Level 1

Couple of things you can try.  First, have you removed the plastic cover from the front of the phone?  Second, try turning the volume up WHILE you're on a call.  If those don't work you can try inserting and removing the headset a few times.  Good luck!

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Great suggestions Macaddict.

@onemdgal64, please let us know if you are still having these issues after trying the suggestion provided.

Thanks

0 Likes
Imles57
I am having the same exact issue. Started three days ago... I am not using Bluetooth or any headset. Only the speaker function works. Can hear music... Volume is all the way up. When I dial out or someone cals me, the only way I can hear is when I press the speaker button. Help please..
0 Likes
PhoenixLuke

I just started having this same problem, and have tried plugging and unplugging my headphones multiple times but no success. I am only able to hear phone calls through speaker or headphones. Should I take my phone into a Verizon store?

Luke

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I had that problem took it to the apple store and they went into the inside of the phone fixed it. They said its common not to common though. The person could hear me but I couldn't hear them without speakerphone. Iphone4 32 gig
0 Likes
harriseeber

I bought my IPhone4s the end of March 2012. After a couple of weeks I started having the same problem. I could not hear the caller but they could hear me or I could not hear the other party when I tried to make a call. I could only hear them if I put it on speaker. I took it to Verizon and they discovered that the phone thought the headphones were still plugged in. (if you push the volume button on the side it reads that the headphones are in) They had not seen this before so they sent me a new one.  After a week with the new one it did the same thing.  I took it to Verizon again and while I was in there there was a lady whose phone was doing the same thing. They sent me a third phone but before it arrived my phone started working again. I didn't want to go throught the hassle of transfering the data so I decided to keep my phone and sent the replacement back. Now 2 weeks latter my phone is doing the same thing again. I've turned it off and on again and have tried plugging in the headphones and taking them out again but it is still doing it. I have it in an Otter box so I don't think anything is getting in the speaker jack. They even tried to clean the jack out at the Verizon store. I am frustrated because I don't know what I should do. Anyone have the same problem or have a suggestion as to how to solve this problem?

0 Likes
brendita1979

I was having the same problem and i turned on the bluetooth option (even thought I don't have a bluetooth device) and now its working.

0 Likes