Re: Unable to save custom voicemail greeting?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you to the community members for your assistance with this issue! Man0fsteel, with your particular situation I would like to access the account to better assist. I want to make sure that all of the features are provisioned. Please send me a Private Message with your name and mobile number along with your sons iPhone number.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUpport

0 Likes
Man0fsteel

Hi Lena,

Exactly how do I send a PM thru this site?

0 Likes
aljoseph

I am having the same problem which started this morning after I did an online phone number change. I get the "Voicemail Unavailable - could not authorize access" or "voicemail unavailable - try again later message". When I dial *86, my voicemails are there and I can set up my custom greeting, but that only works with the *86 process. I would like to revert to what had been working all along. I also tried turning wi-fi off and recording a custom greeting but that did not work. Frustrating. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear aljoseph,

Good morning. I am sorry to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with your voicemail. Let's get to the bottom of your voicemail concerns.

I understand this happened after your changed your mobile number. Can you try resetting your network settings. To reset your network settings click http://vz.to/19OMzKU. After you reset your network settings reprogram your phone by dialing *228 send then select option 1. After your phone is programmed simply power off and back on, then set up your voicemail. If you still need assistance with your voicemail, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great weekend.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
aljoseph

Hi Michelle - Thanks for your email.

My problems increase and continue. I have an iPhone 5 and all was well until I changed my phone number 2 days ago. As of the change, I lost the ability to use (or save) my custom phone message greeting. Frustrated, I visited a local Verizon store and they did many things, including a reset of network settings. They also changed out the SIM card. Changing the SIM card introduced a new problem, losing visual voice mail. Now, unless I am at my phone when it rings and a message is left, I have no way of knowing that I missed a call. Without VVM, when I press the phone icon and then the voicemail app, the phone directly dials *86. This is driving me crazy. I have spent hours, literally, on the phone with Verizon and Apple support teams and I have visited a local Apple store. They did numerous things including giving me a new iPhone, all to no avail. I still do not have visual voice mail and my phone continues to directly dial *86 when all I want to do is to see if I have a phone message.

I hope this hasn't been too long and I hope I haven't bored you to tears with my saga. All I want is for my iPhone 5 to act like it always did when my phone rings and I"m not available to answer it.

Thanks,

Al

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

aljoseph wrote:

Hi Michelle - Thanks for your email.

My problems increase and continue. ~snip~

aljoseph,

For your information, what you received was not a direct email from a customer service representative. It was a transcript of the message posted on the Verizon Wireless Community forum. Your user preferences on the forum must be setup for you to receive email "notifications" of new activity on the discussion where you posted your message on August 22nd. If you look at that email and this one where the message I'm writing on response to your post on the forum there is some instructions about following the link to view the full discussion on the community.

As for your phone number change, customer service through either Verizon or Apple will have to reset your voicemail on their end and you will have to setup the voicemail from the phone again. I don't know why the reps you have already talked to haven't been helpful so I hope that you have find another rep that is more knowledgeable and can get this sorted out for you.

Signed,

Just another customer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aljoseph

Thanks for the information. FWIW, neither Verizon nor Apple have been able to fix the problem I"m having. All was well until I changed the phone number. I've had everything imaginable done to my phone, reset, SIM card change, erase contents, reload, etc., nothing gets me back to having visual voice mail. Heck, Apple even gave me a new phone just to ensure the problem wasn't in the hardware. Very exasperating. All I want is for my iPhone 5 to act like it should (and had been). Apparently, that's asking too much.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details aljoseph. The problem you have described is unusual. If you have already worked with other support channels and Apple, our options have likely been exhausted. A hard reset would be the final step of troubleshooting on an existing device before replacing it. You stated you already replaced the device; therefore, it sounds like it may be a relationship between the manufacturer(Apple) and the app(visual voicemail). Have you tested a different device(non Apple) since the number change? How about uninstalling the visual voicemail app?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
aljoseph

Jonathan - thanks for the reply. The problem I have with visual voice mail not working is not unusual. In fact it is quite widespread as a quick search on any of the popular search engines will show. A hard reset was done and the phone replaced, all to no avail. Implementation of visual voicemail is a carrier feature not an Apple one. It is Verizon's responsibility to offer and maintain this feature. My iPhone worked as it should, including visual voicemail until my cell phone changed. To me that is pretty clear evidence that something at Verizon didn't kick in. Something in your system isn't pointing where it should. Finally, I can't uninstall the app as visual voicemail on an Apple iPhone is not an app.

I really need to get this feature fixed as not knowing that I have voice messages waiting for me is unacceptable. Plase escalate this ticket to a higher level of expertise at Verizon.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
perjoel

I had the same problem. But if you turn on the cellular data option, it worked for me. I had just been using my WiFi to get the internet on my phone and had shut off using the cell signal. Once I turned it on, the greeting worked.

0 Likes