Unable to send text to non-iphone users and unable to send photos unless imessages is turned on
brooke7277

Hello. Since I got a new iphone 14 pro I have been unable to send group texts that include an android user.  I just get the message it isn't delivered. I also noticed today that I can not send a phone via text if imessages is turned off. I have tried deleting the  group text history, doing a hard reset of my entire phone, turned on and off imessages, SMS is turned on, MMS messaging is turned on, group messaging is turned on (I've tried turning on/off all of these).  I even tried to send a group text to both iphone/android users using verizon message+, but it never went through. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to send text to non-iphone users and unable to send photos unless imessages is turned on
BigDaddySchrenk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Log in to your Verizon account. Select "Account" at the top of the screen-"My Plan"-"Blocks." After selecting the appropriate line, select "block services"- then toggle on "block picture and video messaging." After saving, wait a minute or two then toggle it back to off. After everything saves, a phone restart may or may not be necessary.

This is after you verify that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging are toggled on in your iphone Messages settings.

This seems to reprovision sms/mms without having to call in.

View solution in original post

Re: Unable to send text to non-iphone users and unable to send photos unless imessages is turned on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping you connected is important to us, and we will do all the research necessary to resolve this for you. Group and photo messages need data to work. How is your data working? Have you made any recent changes besides activating a new device? 

-Evelyn

0 Likes
HappyRockiphone

Hi, I also have problems with this. The problem started once I ported my number from ATT to Verizon and at the same time upgraded my iPhone to the iPhone 14 (Dec 2022). My phone works all functions but CANNOT send mms to non-iPhone users. I called both Version and ATT for technical support. All “clear” on both sides. It does not matter what settings I change within iMessage or data or wifi, etc. I have changed my photo format from the HEIF to jpeg and that does not resolve the issue of sending pics/vids/etc mms text to non-iPhone users. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you receive the assistance that you need for your services. I will be sending a Private Note to assist you with these issues.*Brittany

0 Likes
kjcliu

Can I also get a private note on this? I have had this problem for a few weeks

0 Likes
goldenpoppyca

We upgraded from iPhone 12 to iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max (all within Verizon).  Both of us have the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We would love to help you troubleshoot as we always strive to provide the best service! Would you send us a Direct Message, so that we may better assist you?

*Lisa

0 Likes
goldenpoppyca

How do I do that?

0 Likes
kjcliu

For me, it was an issue that I couldn’t resolve on my own. From VZW customer service, “We are aware of an issue on our end. I have to refresh some settings on your line.” After they refreshed the settings, I was back in business after three weeks without MMS/group texting (if group had a non iOS user)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your service is vital, especially if you are having messaging issues. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Note to further assist you.   ~Gilbert

0 Likes