Re: Unable to send text to non-iphone users and unable to send photos unless imessages is turned on
kjcliu

For additional color, the support rep had to “reset the picture messaging feature.”

0 Likes
Re: Unable to send text to non-iphone users and unable to send photos unless imessages is turned on
Pixiestick

May I also have a private message? After speaking with Apple, it appears this is a network issue that they can't fix. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there! We hear your concerns about your picture message and we got your back! Please send us a Private Note, so we can get started getting this fixed for you asap! *Kris

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pixiesstick, 

We want to get to the bottom of this. We have sent you a Private message to get this fixed. 

-Jenelle

0 Likes
bigeck4

I am having the same problem.  Can verizon support please contact me.

thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bigeck4, making sure your text messages are working properly is important. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Message for review. 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
cfamyo

Same. My wife got the new iPhone 14 Pro and after activating her phone, she couldn't send or receive any texts that came from non iPhones (pretty much android phones). 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! I want to make sure this is resolved for you. Please meet us in a Private Note for further support.

*Anna

0 Likes
BigDaddySchrenk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Log in to your Verizon account. Select "Account" at the top of the screen-"My Plan"-"Blocks." After selecting the appropriate line, select "block services"- then toggle on "block picture and video messaging." After saving, wait a minute or two then toggle it back to off. After everything saves, a phone restart may or may not be necessary.

This is after you verify that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging are toggled on in your iphone Messages settings.

This seems to reprovision sms/mms without having to call in.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let us know if you need additional assistance with your device. We're happy to assist.

*Haley

0 Likes