Upgrade prices for iPhone conflict
BrucePLSBA

Anybody else having a problem getting a straight answer on cost of upgrades of iPhones?

I have an eligible 5c. When I go to Apple upgrade options for me I see a 6S  for FREE. But when I add it to my cart it shows $79.99 - not FREE.

This is not the upgrade fee ($40) or tax ($60). It is a fee for the iPhone.

I called Customer Service about this twice. They don't know what's going on either.

Ideas? Solutions?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade prices for iPhone conflict
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

When you call Telesales are they able to process the order with tradein for you with the iPhone 6s being free with tradein? Your 5C...was it something you got with device payment plan...and if so was that plan paid off completely? If not maybe that amount being charged is the remaining balance due?

0 Likes
BrucePLSBA

I got the 5c as a free upgrade from a iPhone 4 2 years ago. Now I am eligible for another upgrade. The upgrade web site showed a free 6s with new 2 yr contract (no trade in). When I added the 6s to cart the price changed from FREE to $79.99. Nobody at Cust Support could figure it out.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did you ask if the offer existed for you to order over the phone? (Telesales).

0 Likes
BrucePLSBA

I did ask Cust Support - no deal.

I did not call Telesales.

This AM I revisited the my upgrade page and now the 6s is $79.99 - NOT free. So it looks like a VZW error on the web that got corrected.

Bad taste in my mouth from this experience...

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Oh ok. I wasn't aware of such a deal so that was the best advice I could give. Although $79.99 isn't bad (far better than the full retail price). The only free deal I am aware of is the one for the iPhone 7 with trade in of a 6 or 6s. Sorry for the disappointment though

0 Likes