Upgrading after selling my phone
converrocker

I am looking to sell my phone to a friend amd I was wondering if Verizon needs the phone in order for me to upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

As long as you're not on the Verizon Edge plan, you shouldn't need to present a phone in order to upgrade.  With the Edge plan, there are some instances in which I believe you'd need to 'trade' a device - since the plan is set up to allow users to 'upgrade' [essentially] at will, and pay a prorated amount for the amount of time the used device was in service...

However, if you're on a standard plan and either eligible for upgrade or on a month-to-month basis (contract has ended), you should be able to upgrade without a device in hand.  Keep in mind, if you select a new device and accept the 'contract' pricing, you'll be back in a 2-year contract.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Help
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

As long as you're not on the Verizon Edge plan, you shouldn't need to present a phone in order to upgrade.  With the Edge plan, there are some instances in which I believe you'd need to 'trade' a device - since the plan is set up to allow users to 'upgrade' [essentially] at will, and pay a prorated amount for the amount of time the used device was in service...

However, if you're on a standard plan and either eligible for upgrade or on a month-to-month basis (contract has ended), you should be able to upgrade without a device in hand.  Keep in mind, if you select a new device and accept the 'contract' pricing, you'll be back in a 2-year contract.

0 Likes