VERIZON IS A JOKE!
akman75

My iphone 4 wasn't working due to the new IOS 7 so I called VZ to complain.  They offered to send me out a replacement phone.  I got the phone the next day and mailed back my old phone.  They charged me $300 for my damaged phone that had a broken screen.  Never asked me on the phone if my phone was broken when they offered to send out a refurbished replacement.  Now they won't send me back my old phone, I am stuck with this new phone and a $300 fee to my account.  Consider my business lost!  Everyone else beware, I have been witht hem for almost 8 years, they don't care about your business.  They're willing to lose a 8 year client over $300.  Thanks alot Verizon. You're a bunch of jerks! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VERIZON IS A JOKE!
B33
Legend

Well if the screen was broke in any way, even if it wasn't mentioned,  it is at they're discretion to make the charge for it..

akman75

Yeah and its at my discretion to leave Verizon and report this fraudulent charge to the BBB.  If they are going to charge people for a broken product that is sent to them, they should ask if the product you are sending to them is broke before they receive it and REFUSE to return it.  I would gladly take my broken phone back and just switch carriers if I knew I was going to be charged this BS fee. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Better yet if you read the warranty provisions you would have been aware verizon does not take back broken phones under warranty nor with water damage. Verizon sent you another phone that has no broken screen. Why would you think you were entitled to a non broken phone? And not pay for it.

If you had the additional insurance from Asurion the phone would have been covered for breakage , loss, and theft.

It is a legitimate charge to you.

Good Luck

B33
Legend

Ok in your post you said this:

( I got the phone the next day and mailed back my old phone.  They charged me $300 for my damaged phone that had a broken screen.  Never asked me on the phone if my phone was broken when they offered to send out a refurbished replacement.) 

Well there's two ways that this could be look at:  Was it at the discretion of Tech that was talking to you to ask if there was any damage maybe there can be many things that could lead him or her to not to ask)  Stress at work, Time of Day of your Call, And argument with a past customer, I could go on with many scenario's but in the End as you put it the Question wasn't ask.. 

And after reading your post a few times It didn't look like you ask either now rather that is relevant or not We can say both did Parties meaning you and the Tech that was helping didn't ask about a broken phone.!  ONLY that you was having an ISSUE with software.. the new Update from Apple..

So the Device was sent and got to Verizon's Repair Facility they looked over it as they do every device sent to them and found the issue)  there response it's a cracked screen..Your hands touched it last.. and if you don't have proof that the phone was in an un-damaged state when it left your possession It's there word against yours that the screen was cracked..

This is what do when send any thing back to a Repair facility,

1. I take several Pictures from every angle of the Device.. And there a good Defense tool 

2.When i package a Device:  I use bubble rap, Packing peanuts or what ever product that will insure a safe Zone between the device and walls of the box that it's being shipped in.  

3. I insure it with a Tracking No. so it's tracked back to the Facility and signed by the receiver.. so if there is any Damage in transit the product is covered this is a line of Defense that any one can do and it doesn't cost that much...

0 Likes
akman75

The cracked screen had NOTHING to do with why the phone was being replaced.  If anyone should be aware of the warranty verbiage it should certainly be the rep on the phone.  They should be asking people if they are sending back a phone with any damage instead of sneakily charging a $300 fee to their clients with absolutely no recourse.  At the very least they should send me my old phone back and i'd gladly send them back this REFURBISHED phone that they are charging me basically FULL RETAIL price for.  I do have insurance wise guy.  How that's any of your business is aside the point and not pertinent to this situation.  It an unfair business practice for VZ to take possession of my broken phone charge me a $300 fee and refuse to give me back my old phone to prevent the charge.  I wouldn't have sent in the phone had I known I was going to get charged.  I also didn't get the phone fixed as I was due for an upgrade in March.  Hard to wait 6 months when my current phone wasn't working do to a POS operating system issue that had nothing to do with a cracked screen. 

0 Likes
akman75

I am not disputing the screen was cracked.  I know it was cracked.  That to me wasn't a relevant issue as it wasn't the reason for my phone needing replacement.  If a warrany covered the engine on your car against poor performance or breaking down, would it matter that your car had a cracked windshield or broken tail lights for the warranty to apply to fixing the engine?  If you got in a car accident and you car was totaled would the car insurance company fail to give you a check for the value of the car due to the a broken windshield or broken window?  Verizon didn't offer to try to fix the software.  They just said we are going to send you a replacement phone because this is a big problem.  They offered to replace my phone because of that issue, I didn't ask for a new phone.  I wanted them to fix the problem of my software.  Its a company's responsibility to disclose their fees.  They took possession of my phone and are refusing to return it to me.  I should have the option of keeping my old phone or being charged for a new one.  Imagine bringing your phone into a VZ store to get fixed and they give you a new phone and charge you full price and then refuse to give you your old phone back.  That is basically what is happening here.  There should be some mechanism in place at their facility that notifies you that, hey you sent us a damaged phone.  We are going to charge you $300 to replace it or we can send it back to you and charge the shipping costs to your account.  That is what they SHOULD do.  Sneakily charging a $300 fee and giving you absolutely no other option is crap. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well maybe it is crap but that is how things work bud) you sent in for a soft ware issue they discovered the screen and build you for it) And on Talking new Vehicles and Warranty you can buy a Brand new of what ever it is, say like a brand new Truck and have Coverage from the headlights to taillights of it) But your going down the Road and you hit a Sharp bolt or Nail and you flatten the Tire if you think there going to fix it and not charge ya you'd be wrong, because they will,  why you say because they consider it as a maintenance issue and not part of the Warranty so it's not covered and is chargeable and this very thing happen to us shortly after we bought our new 2011 Truck.. It cost $75.00 for the Repair we got the Tire fixed then six months later we went to Goodyear and had Brand New set of Tires put on the Truck why we do this because in there Warranties they include Road hazard.. which covers all road related issues.. 

0 Likes
akman75

Well BUD, maybe you'd sit back and take it but I wont.  No to comment on your Tire analogy, when I buy my new tires they come with a road hazard warranty that covers anything I run over.  They certainly won't make me buy a new tire because my tail light is out though will they?  The garage would also tell me they were going to charge me if they were and not put a new tire on my car, charge me full price for the replacement, and then not give me back the old tire when I didn't want to pay for a new one.  So you're analogy it certainly flawed, BUD. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Look you came on here for an Answer and me and Elector give you one,  I not going with you three rounds, around the Bush you understand that When i have a issue I take it on my self to take care of it, If you can't handle that then you need seek answers else ware..

0 Likes