Re: VERIZON IS A JOKE!
rcschnoor
Legend

akman75 wrote:

No to comment on your Tire analogy, when I buy my new tires they come with a road hazard warranty that covers anything I run over.

Except B33 wasn't talking about new tires you purchase after market, but tires which came on the new car. Those are not covered by your new car warranty.

0 Likes
akman75

I wasn't looking for an answer.  I was complaining about Verizon and letting other people know.  So don't empower yourself to think I was looking for help and/or wanted it from you.  Trust me I am doing other things to resolve this on my own.  Also, plesae learn to at least spell correctly and write a coherent sentence.  Its tough having to re-read a sentence you write 3 or 4 times, trying to interpret what you mean with all your spelling and gramatical errors.  Periods are your friends!  You must know because you saved two of them for the end of your 56 word run on sentence.   Cheers!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Correct Sir..

0 Likes
akman75

I appreciate your clarification.  But to comment on your clarification, if I went in with my new car with its damaged tire, I wouldn't have to buy a new tire because I happened to have a crack in my windshield now would I?  Also, comparing a product that has no warranty, the new car tire,  to this situation that deals with a product that has a warranty, my cellphone, is a little off the mark.  That's why I was using the analogy of my tires that I buy new which come with a road hazard warranty.  That would seem more applicable to this situation. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

IF the warranty program for a new car worked the same way as the warranty replacement program facilitated by Verizon works where you leave your car and get another car in return, you probably WOULD get charged for that tire. Unfortunately, car warranties do not work that way.

Unfortunately, you do not bring your phone into Verizon or the manufacturer and have them fix it while you wait, however the terms of the warranty are spelled out in your phone's literature.

Good luck.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Coherent sentences 'A'   you learn that at Harvard)  My sentences may not be a thing a beauty but hey they get the Job done an you don't have to be a genius to post on this Forum..

0 Likes
akman75

Verizon does actually fix your phone while you wait if you go into a local store.  They offered to send me a replacement phone after I reported my problem.  They offered no other solution to my phone NOT WORKING.  So was I just to keep my phone not working because the software was filled with bugs just because my screen was cracked and deal with it?  No that is bs.  The operating system left my phone unusable, not the cracked screen.  The cracked screen was a superficial issues that did not effect the way the phone worked.  It worked just fine the months prior to this new software download.  This is VZ trying to hold me financially responsible for having a product that was not working properly due to a software problem.  There are thousands of people that have cracked screens on their phones and their phones work correctly.  The whole point of this is that the rep with Verizon should have said before you send your phone in, if it happens to be damaged, we will charge you a fee, and refuse to give you your old phone back.  Is that covered in the warranty?  The part about refusing to send me back my old phone?  I shouldn't have to keep this phone if I don't want to and be charged $300!  That is basically extoring money from me. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea there are allot of people that have crack screens and eventually they get cut by them my niece's little Daughter was one of them she didn't realize it because of her age that the screen was cracked she picked up the phone to answer a call she swipe her finger across the screen and split open her finger.. A trip to the emergency room and a $ 500 dollar bill later all because of a cracked screen.. 

0 Likes
akman75

Oh and to use your car example.  So would you be ok with calling your dealer and saying hey, my car won't start.  I have brought it to the garage and tried to fix it but it won't start.  I have done everything i know but it won't start.  The dealership says, hey we'll send you a replacement car.  We aren't going to look at your current car and try to see what could be wrong, we're just going to send you a new car.  You get that new car and are like, great!  I am happy my new car works.  Then you get a nice email saying, hey, we are charging you the full price of your replacement car because the car you turned in has a bad oil filter and a taillight is out.  We are charging you a damage fee for your car.  Sorry.  Then you say, well give me my old car back.  They say, sorry, we can't do that.  I am sure you'd be ok with that wouldn't you? 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Here let me nip that stupid car comparison for you.

You buy a new car or used with a warranty and you don't change the oil, or transmission fluid, or antifreeze and even though its under warranty your actions cause damage to the car. You have a issue with the power steering but since you broke the engine so to speak the car repair facility will not fix your initial problem. You caused the damage so the greater damage negates the lonely power steering issue. No in this case you drive a broken car and will have to pay for the general repairs.

It makes no difference in regards to you having a broken screen. You did not read the conditions of the manufacturers warranty in respect to Verizon. If you spoke to the rep and said, "oh by the way I broke my screen, will verizon still replace my device because of a faulty OS"?  You might have saved yourself some grief.

And Mr. "I have insurance" if you did you could have used that instead and just paid the deductible for your broken glass on the device. But I suspect, you thought by being quiet Verizon would overlook your damage and say oh its a hardware/software isdue and just send another.

Then when you get zapped, its all Verizons fault. Your story is sounding a little strange. You got caught, you pay the price. You live and learn.

Oh and as "B" was trying to assist you, no reason to get nasty. This is a peer to peer forum. Verizon very rarely stops by to read customer rants.

Good Luck