Re: Verizon CANCELLED my order for no reason?!?! [WTF]
cornflakes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, that's pretty crappy that they're making you wait.  I ordered from my home computer in California, and I didn't get any sort of confirmation text (probably because I'm a new customer not upgrading as an existing customer).  So I can't imagine what reason they found to cancel my order!

0 Likes
cornflakes
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I called VZW up and asked why my order was cancelled.  They said my address was somehow on their block list, but they don't know why.  They removed the block though and my order was put back into the system but now the system is showing I'll receive it probably the first week of October (whereas originally my date was the 21st).  She's checking with her supervisor to see if they can put me back in my original place in line since the order should not have been cancelled.  I may have to go camp out at a store... Sucks.

0 Likes
PatrickBland
Enthusiast - Level 2

yep... sucks.... oh well... it won't kill me to wait an extra few weeks... at least they do have these kind of security precautions in place to prevent fraudulent charges... just sucks getting caught in them for a legitimate purchase... I would rather they have them than not Smiley Happy would have been nice to know or to get a call from someone to verify my order instead of a blanket cancellation though

0 Likes
cornflakes
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's what's annoying me too... They could have just contacted me and asked for verification or clarification.  If they can send an email saying "we've cancelled your order, but if you didn't do it, call us", they can send an email saying "hey give us a call, we need to talk to you."

dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

Ya, the no call is very annoying.

I placed my order very early on 9/14 and same as most, no email confirmation. 

Thank goodness I called around 1pm EST to find out what was up because it turned out my order was put on hold because my credit application needed more info.  They needed my birthdate even though I gave it to them in the order.  Guess it did not go through right.

Anyways they sorted it for me but I lost my spot in line and got set to 9/26 shipment.

If I had not called I would have not know this was happening at all.  I know they are WAY busy but come on!

oscargee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Boy was I furious when I found out earlier today. I received the same exact email about my pre-order getting cancelled. I ordered mine on 9/14 at 3:29 am and I get this cancellation email on the 20th a day before its officially released... I immediately called Verizon and they too could not give me a reason to why my pre-order was cancelled abruptly. The live representative I spoke with ended up speaking with her supervisor and after being put on hold for another 30 minutes, I was told that there is no explanation AT ALL...(She goes rambling about how there is usually a code to explain but none shown up on her monitor) At this point I was pissed, not only do I not get my phone at the expected delivery date but now I am pushed until the 12th of October. I demanded a compensation for this mistake that was clearly not my fault. The rep was nice enough to give me free data for my 1st month after receiving and activating the phone. I ordered a total of 3 so in a monetary value I was given $90 credit. (This was only possible because I am still on the old nationwide plan where its 2GB for $30/month. Im not completely satisfied but I guess I'll be rewarded for being patient. To be honest, I'm not mad that the ordered was cancelled... I was actually preparing for it and ready to reorder incase the site crashed. But to be told that it went through successfully only to have it canceled the day before the arrival date is unacceptable. I just get a feeling that someone else stole my spot, perhaps a rep giving my upgrade to a new customer...

0 Likes
rosenberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOW! that's horrible guys. I'm sorry to hear that. Verizon should make an exception and send you the phone on the 21st, even if they have to next day air delivery it. After all it IS their fault. Don't feel too bad, mine is coming on the 5th of October.

0 Likes