Verizon Contacts or Hotmail Contacts?
DPS2

I just my first smart phone, an iPhone6.  I imported my contacts from Outlook, so now I have duplicate contacts.  The ones from my Verizon account have phone numbers and a duplicate entry from my Outlook contacts have the email addresses.  Which should be the master list?  Should I export my contacts from Verizon and merge them into my Outlook or visa versa?  Should I export both sets into a CSV files and manually merge the two, then reimport to either Outlook or Verizon? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Contacts or Hotmail Contacts?
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure if this helps but you can merge contacts on your phone:

Merging Duplicate Contacts in iOS

The feature is actually called “Link Contacts”, which is perhaps why it’s not widely used and often overlooked, here is how to use it:

1. From the Phone app or the Contacts app, open the contact you wish to merge other duplicate contacts with
  2. Tap on the “Edit” button
  3. Scroll down to find “Linked Contacts”, then tap on the green plus icon “(+) link contacts…” to link/merge the contact with another
  4. Locate the contact to merge (either a duplicate or a changed addressee) and tap on the name, then tap on “Link” in the corner
  5. Repeat for more than one duplicate, otherwise tap on “Done” to finish the merging