Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Verizon Messages+ activation on AT&T iPd
DCJetFan

i use the Verizon Messages app on my iPhone and it works fine. I was recently given a second hand iPad from a family member that was manufactured under the AT&T specification. I'm trying to activate the Verizon Messages app for the same phone number as my phone on my tablet. The app downloads and installs on the tablet but when I try to activate the app on the device by entering the phone number it says it is sending a activation code to my phone but the text message never comes across on my phone.

I tried turning off the Wi-Fi connection on the phone and waiting to receive the text message over cellular connection. It did not work.

I wonder if the Verizon messages app is not compatible with an AT&T manufactured iPad. The same process work fine with my previous iPad that was compatible with the Verizon network.  I do not currently have a cellular plan for the new tablet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages+ activation on AT&T iPd
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Dave, that's a great question. When a device is not a Verizon Wireless compatible device, the compatibility for a feature/app working is not guaranteed. We do appreciate your business with Verizon Wireless.

KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes