Verizon has the WORST tech support
Dilsch

Why is it that when I call Verizon (which I have over 50 times today) I cannot get a straight answer. All i need is simple tracking info on my iPhone and they say that they cant access that information? Are you kidding me?! I ordered the phone from you and no one can tell me where it is or what is happening with it. Would a Verizon rep please explain to me why this is. And anyone else please tell me if this is happening to you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon has the WORST tech support
sleepingAwake

Did you try tracking by reference and using your phone number (if you have one) as the reference number?

That seems to have worked for a lot of people.

On the flip side I went to Radio Shack to purchase mine. No lines. Plenty of stock. Just had to deal with their pushy add-on sales tactics.

0 Likes
Dilsch

They only have 16 g though correct?

0 Likes
sleepingAwake

The store I went to had everything. VZW, ATT, black, white, 16, 32, 64.

There was only one other person there to purchase a new iphone and he wanted an ATT model. This was between 12p and 1p. It took awhile because the computers were slow and they try to sell you a bunch of add-ons with the phone. I just said "no" and waited for the computers to catch up. It was launch day so I wasnt surprised.

Of course your mileage will vary but chances are there are a bunch of them around you and one of them will have what you want.

There was no way I was waiting in line for a phone. Because after all it is just a phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dilsch,

I can imagine how you feel with not being given a straight answer. We want all of our customer service and technical support representatives to give you the accurate information so you know what's going on with your phone. Is the tracking info you're looking for an iPhone replacement or the new iPhone 5? If it's for a replacement, as long as you provided your email at the time of order, you will receive the same tracking info we have as soon as it's available.

The iPhone 5 will not have tracking details until the payment has fully processed and we have authorized shipment of the iPhone. During the release of the iPhones, we have run into a couple hiccups with payments and plans ordered during the pre-order but we communicated these troubles to the customers impacted. Did something like this happen with your order? Please give me more details so I can help get this fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm also assuming the tracking info is relayed over from Apple...I don't know if this helps, but almost everyone, before they get tracking, will see their credit card get a pending charge for the full amount (not the original $1 ping at the time of order).  For me, that happened the evening before, and the next morning I had an email with tracking info.  My online status also changed with the credit card charge, for the first time since the order was placed.  The tracking info won't be available until they actually generate the label for your package.  I understand your frustration (I do - I was there on Wednesday, when I thought I should get my tracking because my delivery was supposed to be Friday).  But Verizon upgraded my shipping from 2nd day to overnight to make it happen.  So there is some stuff behind the scenes, where Verizon is trying to do what they can.
If you haven't thought to do this already, be sure that Verizon can cancel your order (and that you aren't on the hook financially). I was trying to decide early this week, if I wanted to go in somewhere that had some stock, and just buy it off the shelf.  But the order was committed.  There was even a question about if I could go into a store to make the change over, so I decided I didn't want to add to my stress, and I let it be - it worked out.

0 Likes