Verizon iCloud has messed up my contacts!
Daininrx

In opening up my Verizon cloud account, I was excited to be able to sync my contacts between my ipad and Iphone.  Between the two I had 191 contacts, many of people have not seen in years but being in the military I never know when those names from different parts of the country/world will come in handy.  So the first backup seemed to go fine and then after two days i now have over 400 contacts, this morning my WIFEs number was deleted from the phone and I have no idea who else is deleted.

I have a 16gb Apple 5s that is about 19 months old.  I always keep it with the current iOS

I restored all of the contacts from the trash and that is what put me from 174 (with many duplicates) to 455.  I would like to have this work w/o duplicates and me not trusting your service.

Dain

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon iCloud has messed up my contacts!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know duplicates can be annoying Daininrx. We will get to the bottom of this. Are you using iCloud or Verizon Cloud? iCloud is meant to sync everything with Apple products. If you did both that could be the caused of the duplicates. Keep me posted.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daininrx

Phone is not connected to icloud, but to the verizon cloud.

On Monday, July 27, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad you have the Verizon Cloud Daininrx. We will see if you have your pictures saved. Please log into http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/verizon-cloud.html?intcmp=INT-SEA-NON-CS-cloud... your computer and advice me if your pictures are there. If they are go the the app store and download Verizon Cloud.

AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ronheard

I have the same issue as Dain, only worse. I now have over 1200 contacts, starting with approximately 50 to begin with. I use both ICloud and Verizon Cloud backups. I had meticulously deleted most of my old contacts from my IPhone Model MG5W2LL/A and then backed them up in both ICloud and Verizon Cloud. All my hours of work were for naught as I have now quadrupled the problem.

How do I undo what I have done, or how do I purge Verizon Cloud of these added contacts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ronheard,

I know how important it is to have your information backed up. In your Verzon cloud application you can delete different contacts that you no longer want saved. The best option would be to delete the contacts that you no longer want and then completed a factory reset. Afterwards you can restore your phone and contacts from the backup that was completed prior.
JasperMM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes