Verizon iphone 4S voicemail issue
jcs1013

I am a Verizon Wireless Family share customer.  My son recently began using his iphone 4S on my Verizon plan.  When I access my phone's (an LG feature phone) Verizon's basic voicemail service and attempt to leave a voicemail message for his cell phone number, the system will not send the my recorded voice mail message to his phone or his own voicemail.  That is, when I call my own voicemail (*86 plus PIN code) it gives the options to press "1" to listen, press "2" to record, etc., when I choose option "2" and record a message and hit "#" to end the message, then the system prompts you to enter the phone number to where you want the message to go to and press "#" again, and then to transmit it.  When I do this for his number, I always get a message back from Verizon that says the number is not valid and it can't deliver the message.  This feature still works when I try to leave messages for non iphone users.  Why can't Verizon and Apple get together to make this long-time feature work between the voicemail systems?  This issue was confirmed in my conference call connection I had yesterday between customer service technical representatives from both Apple and Verizon.  It sounds like a software system compatibility issue that should be able to be accommodated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon iphone 4S voicemail issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apple uses their own voicemail system for all their iphones on all carriers.  To make the Verizon and Apple compatible with each other might mean that the system would be made compatible with the other carriers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes