Verizon lost my trade-in and are now attempting to bill me for the value...
ImNotGettingPaid4This
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, so... Verizon.

1. They're telling me I can upgrade.
  2. I use their system to upgrade.
  3. They tell me I can trade in my older iPhone instead of selling it myself.
  4. I use their system to trade it in.
  5. They send me a box, with a UPS label.
  6. I pack up my phone in the box and call UPS to come get it.
  7. UPS wants to charge me.
  8. I say it's a pre-paid shipping label.
  9. I go back and forth.
  10. UPS comes and picks up the box.
  11. 2 months later (now) I get an email from Verizon...
  12. They never received it and are now charging me.

So...

1. Verizon gets paid for the line.
  2. Verizon gets paid for the new phone sale.
  3. Verizon is likely holding the late model mint phone.
  4. UPS gets paid.
  5. Verizon will get paid for all support calls (I'm guessing 4 hours, but you tell me your exp).
  6. UPS will get paid for all support calls (I'm guessing around 1 hour).
  7. I am being asked to pay $400 to Verizon (what Verizon offered me for the phone).
  8. I have a $400 phone taken from me with a Verizon-paid UPS box.

My question... once they scan the box... isn't it out of my hands (literally and figuratively)? I cannot express to you, the community, the amount of anger I'm feeling at this moment. A quick check of my emails has turned into a $400 bill and a lost $400 phone. But hey... Verizon's email was super slick and all nice-like. Don't worry... we've made it easier for you by just charging you back on your bills... you won't even notice it.

I'll post my email here so that you can see what's in store when Verizon asks you to trade in a device, don't worry.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon lost my trade-in and are now attempting to bill me for the value...
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

UPS states a pickup charge on their site. https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/sri/pickupcharge.page

This post makes no mention about the status of a tracking number indicating UPS sent it / Verizon received it.

birdsbrain

This is the exact process I did. However, I threw away the UPS tracking number (The UPS store can't or won't help). Now I am being billed $580. I am paying off my devices and switching companies. I have been with Verizon for 19 years and this was the last straw. I have no doubt that phone is sitting in their warehouse waiting to be scanned. 

0 Likes
33ond88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m the SAME EXACT situation but with 3 devices.

A phone, a watch, and an iPad.

on top of that they’ve billed me TWICE for the new devices I also ordered in that package.

My order: trade in 6, received 3, sent 3, been charged for the 3 not received twice!

it’s been 7+ weeks and I just got ANOTHER message saying “order on hold until update payment info”.

I’ve talked to them for 5+ hours over these weeks. I have screenshots of them saying “refund is on its way” after asking why they double charged me.

Now they want ANOTHER $175?!?! And I’ve not received the items nor the refund for the double charge when I paid in October.

I’m LIVID. Like.. what the *** can we do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know being able to get things sorted out with your trade-ins is important, and we'd be glad to help with your orders and the devices being sent and received with us, 33ond88. To help look into this together, please send us a Private Message. *Zaak

0 Likes
Bmblebee

I'm having the same issue.  I sent them a pristine Black Google Pixel 4a 5g and they said they received a damaged gray device and that they will not give me any credit toward my bill for my trade in.   I see that there are lots of instances of this happening,  I say we should all get a class action lawsuit going.  It's a bait a switch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bmblebee, 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your trade. We've sent you a Private Message to look further in to the details. 

-Arya

0 Likes
Bmblebee

#verizonbaitandswitch

0 Likes