Verizon not able to connect cellular to my Apple Watch series 3
DENSIL71

I bought my Apple watch three days ago from a local Verizon store. The sales person tried for three hours to activate the cellular on the phone, including calling Verizon technical. I was told to wait and it should probably activate. ... It did not. I went back to the Verizon store yesterday and they tried for another hour, without any success. I bought the watch only because of it's ability to connect to cellular....if this is not possible then I will return the watch. My question is, has anyone successfully activated cellular on their watch with Verizon recently?..and if so, how long did it take to function? At this moment, there seems to be no more help from Verizon on this issue, and I am ready to return my watch.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon not able to connect cellular to my Apple Watch series 3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Apple watch is an awesome asset to your phone line DENSIL71. I'm truly sad to hear that you're having issues with getting it connected. Yes, we have many customers who have successfully connected the watch to their account and phone line. What did the technical support team on the phone say was the final resolution? Did we process a trouble-ticket to get this issue investigated and resolved? Let's work on getting this fixed so that you're able to enjoy the device.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Apple watch is an awesome asset to your phone line DENSIL71. I'm truly sad to hear that you're having issues with getting it connected. Yes, we have many customers who have successfully connected the watch to their account and phone line. What did the technical support team on the phone say was the final resolution? Did we process a trouble-ticket to get this issue investigated and resolved? Let's work on getting this fixed so that you're able to enjoy the device.

KinquanaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DENSIL71

Thank you, the watch is now connected

0 Likes
GREDIS46

What was done to fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gredis46, my goal is to get your watch up and running with cellular connection, ASAP. I would like to gather some more details from you. Are you getting any error messages when you try to activate your watch? If so, what does this error message state? Please provide me with some details. 

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like GREDIS46​ was asking what the actual solution was for DENSIL71​'s issue which @KinquanaH_VZW's response was marked as 'correct' but contained no real information.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
misterdakins

I’m having the same issue!   

VERY frustrating!!!

The watch is NOT cheap, spent a lot for the convenience and security of cellular calling when I’m out running only to have no answers and a useless $450. “Watch” I spent most of Friday night trying to problem solve and another 3 hours on Saturday morning with 2 levels of support... still not fixed. A tech ticket was put in with an assurance  that the “issue” would be resolved within 48 hours... 16 hours to go and still NOT fixed. VERY disappointed!

0 Likes
DUSPEK18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same exact issue. Extremely frustrated. Have tried unpairing and pairing again. Resetting watch. Only reason I caved in on buying it was for the use of cellular!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DUSPEK18, I know how difficult it can be if you are unable to set up your watch correctly. You've come to the right place for help to ensure that your watch is set up successfully. Do you receive any error messages when you attempt to set up your watch? For your convenience, I have included our resource for setting up cellular service on your Apple Watch here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215386/. Please let me know if this helps.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rissa3434

I've been having the same issue going on 3 days now,  two, hour and a half phone calls to tech support, 2 business reps working on it, trouble ticket going nowhere and still nothing.  No one seems to know anything or how to fix the issue.  As many people as I see posting about the same issue you would think there would be a fix by now.  Why are you selling a service you can't even provide? 

0 Likes