Verizon scamming current customers on iphone 5 preorders!!!
Gotham
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm tired of this Verizon Bullshit!!!

I paid full retail to pre-order an iPhone 5 32GB iPhone 5 and they're still making me change our unlimited data plan!!!

According to the T&C, we have 14 days from today to return our phones and etc to back out of the contract. If Verizon isn't willing to keep me on my unlimited data, I will switch back and return the phone.

Who else is having this issue? Let me know and perhaps we can get a class action going on here!

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon scamming current customers on iphone 5 preorders!!!
fayemegan
Enthusiast - Level 3

nobody is.  As long as you paid in full on a different line, then transfer the phone to your unlimited, you will continue to receive it

0 Likes
william_s
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not paying for a another line when by contract Verizon is currently required to allow me to keep my unlimited data if I pay full retail. I'm due for an upgrade but obviously I wouldn't dare use it. Verizon more than likely rigged this to try and get us older users to lose our grandfathered plans. It's either wait a few weeks to go into a store and buy it then, or lose your plan now. They've basically taken my pre order option away from me.

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

i just started a new line subsidized, ill put a dummy phone on the new line (9.99 a month) and transfer the phone to my line.. its what i didnt with the iphone 4

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Posted the chat in another thread but allegedly, they will switch it back to your unlimited data plan since you paid full retail. I opted to order from the Apple website because it showed my unlimited plan correctly and I wanted to avoid any headaches.

william_s
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I'm just going to wait. Verizon (or any company for that matter) doesn't have a good track record for keeping their word imo. They fact that I have an upgrade available right now isn't helping. But hey, I'd rather be safe than sorry so unless they fix their site I don't mind wait a couple of weeks.

Gotham
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why do you have to go through such hassles and pay an additional 9.99???

The point is being missed. Verizon is pulling a fast one.... We'll see how this is played out.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Personally, I think waiting isn't bad if it saves you a headache. Luckily (I suppose) my upgrade date isn't until 10/6 but I never intended to use it (I want to keep my unlimited and can sell my iPhone 4s to offset the full retail), but if Apple didn't show my plan correctly then I wouldn't have ordered at all. I would have waited until I could get it in store.

0 Likes
Gotham
Enthusiast - Level 2

Again, why go through such hassles?

Nevertheless, I have ordered two iPhone 5s, one with my original account with the data plan change and another using your method of month-to-month with no contract.

We'll see how this plays out...

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

because i paid 300 for the phone, all you have to do now is put a dummy phone on the new line and put the iphone on the old line 9.99 a month thats 240 over two years which is 540 instead of 750

0 Likes